No announcement yet.

Roach knows of two of his fighters who tested positive for PEDs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach knows of two of his fighters who tested positive for PEDs

DALLAS – Freddie Roach, the trainer of Manny Pacquiao, said he has worked with two fighters who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs but takes precautions so it won’t creep into his gym in Hollywood, Calif.

Roach said one of his former fighters, Justin Fortune, was known to have used PEDs and James Toney twice tested positive for steroids, once when he was working with Roach.

“I won’t say I didn’t know,” said Roach, referring to Toney. “I never asked him, though. I never had a conversation. I could see his body structure had signs, his traps and stuff. He was either lifting a lot of weight or he was on (something).

“… I think I had one other fighter on steroids also, Justin Fortune. … I know he’d been there before.”

Roach repeated for the umpteenth time, however, that Pacquiao is clean. He said he talked to Pacquiao after unsubstantiated allegations by Floyd Mayweather Sr. and others became public.

“I said, ‘Manny, do you know what steroids are?’” Roach said. “He knows so little about steroids. He knows less than I do.”

Is there a chance Pacquiao took an illegal substance by accident, perhaps consuming something with which he was unfamiliar?

“Why would you think that?” he said. “Manny gets tested after every fight and has never come up dirty. Without evidence, that’s a bad assumption.”

Roach also has discussed PEDs with strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who works with Pacquiao.

“A hundred percent,” he said. “That’s the first guy I went to. … Alex is a friend of mine and he works with me. My reputation is on the line with him. He assures me 100 percent that there’s nothing out there.”

Pacquiao fights Joshua Clottey on Saturday at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1721/roac...tive_for_peds/

Nobody should get Alex Ariza into the mix. He and nutrionist Teri Tom monitor Pac and Khan's body composition during training. Pac's got a very good team of UCLA grads working with him.

http://pacmanhustle.com/uncategorize...tioning-coach/
    Last edited by Seleção No. 13; 03-12-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

lol you know justin fortune trained pac before ariza....i never knew he did peds......
      also virgil hill used peds......

Comment

They should stop this talk about testing Pacman. Let the authorities decide and no more of this allegations. Too childish!

Comment

its the haters lazy way of discrediting Manny. And Floyds way of not fighting Manny. Without no evidence or reason...to shame a mans name is wrong. If Floyd grows balls and gets in that ring with Manny...I will almost feel sorry for him. Then will he know what he did was wrong. And he will pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
            lol you know justin fortune trained pac before ariza....i never knew he did peds......
            also virgil hill used peds......
            So it's more likely that Pac used PEDs before Ariza. Great.

Comment

Wasnt Justin fortune a former Roach assistant that he fired sometime ago??

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

And the plot thickens *******s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Yea he is. They actually had a beef going on for little bit. I don't know if it still continuing. But, they stop being friends. And, fortune went on his own and opened up a gym and started training fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Yea he is. They actually had a beef going on for little bit. I don't know if it still continuing. But, they stop being friends. And, fortune went on his own and opened up a gym and started training fighters.

Yea, I read on it somewhere years ago but wasnt too sure about the name, Did fortune accuse roach of owning him money or vice-versa?? I cant remember the whole story correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X