Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Lemieux vs Gabe Rosado & Undercards RbR Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so there goes your bare knuckles champion....

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      so there goes your bare knuckles champion....
      BKB isn't bare-knuckles anymore. I think it'd be a good idea for Rosado to fight in BKB again if he can get a recognizable opponent. He probably isn't going to take as much punishment there as he does in the ring.

Comment

• Damnit I wanted to watch this fight and totally forgot about it last night. I just saw the highlights and it was kind of weird how the ref stepped in and called time out in the 10th, then just said "okay" let them fight for another few seconds and then stopped again. I reckon he thought he heard the ring doctor but wasn't sure.

But lmao @ 0:29, you can hear the referee say "ooohhhh" and then make a face.

Looking forward to watching the full fight when I can. I like Rosado, but his time headlining Main Events is probably done. His eye is going to continue to get busted. I still think he's one of the best gate keepers in boxing, but with his style and skin, I'm not sure he has anything. He's made quite a bit of money the past couple of years so I'm happy for him. He's a very tough man.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Damnit I wanted to watch this fight and totally forgot about it last night. I just saw the highlights and it was kind of weird how the ref stepped in and called time out in the 10th, then just said "okay" let them fight for another few seconds and then stopped again. I reckon he thought he heard the ring doctor but wasn't sure.

But lmao @ 0:29, you can hear the referee say "ooohhhh" and then make a face.

Looking forward to watching the full fight when I can. I like Rosado, but his time headlining Main Events is probably done. His eye is going to continue to get busted. I still think he's one of the best gate keepers in boxing, but with his style and skin, I'm not sure he has anything. He's made quite a bit of money the past couple of years so I'm happy for him. He's a very tough man.
          Rosado has been in a few co-main spots (vs. Quillin, 3G, Charlo), but this was his first main event spot. He's fought the toughest @MW, now he needs to take on some easier fights for his own sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Rosado has been in a few co-main spots (vs. Quillin, 3G, Charlo), but this was his first main event spot. He's fought the toughest @MW, now he needs to take on some easier fights for his own sake.
            You're right. I was thinking Quillin and GGG fights were main events.

Either way, I like Rosado... but he's faced great and very tough competition and has taken a few bad beatings. Like you said, if he continues to fight... he definitely needs some light-touches. He's as tough as they come, though. So much heart.

I did think he beat Love and that was a robbery and I had him beating Quillin before the cut.... so I do believe there's "top" guys out there in the division he can beat. But with his tender skin, I'm not sure if it's going to be able to happen.

Maybe he can move back down to 154 where there's not as many big punchers? IF he stays at 160 and takes a few easy/tuneup fights, I would like to see him fight someone like Sergio Mora. That would be a good matchup. I saw someone mention Rosado-Stevens on ESPN here last night I think.... that would be fantastic as well, on paper, but those are the type of fights I think he should avoid.

Mora-Rosado is solid for him.

Comment

Either way, I like Rosado... but he's faced great and very tough competition and has taken a few bad beatings. Like you said, if he continues to fight... he definitely needs some light-touches. He's as tough as they come, though. So much heart.

I did think he beat Love and that was a robbery and I had him beating Quillin before the cut.... so I do believe there's "top" guys out there in the division he can beat. But with his tender skin, I'm not sure if it's going to be able to happen.

Maybe he can move back down to 154 where there's not as many big punchers? IF he stays at 160 and takes a few easy/tuneup fights, I would like to see him fight someone like Sergio Mora. That would be a good matchup. I saw someone mention Rosado-Stevens on ESPN here last night I think.... that would be fantastic as well, on paper, but those are the type of fights I think he should avoid.

Rosado is clearly a MW now, no way he's capable of moving back down. I think Stevens is (tactically) an easier fight than Mora, and I think it's a fight that'd be easier to make as Mora is now with Haymon. If Rosado is going to fight someone who doesn't have too much power, it'd be Saunders or Adama. There's several MWs that pack a punch, so at least Rosado has gotten the hardest punchers out of the way. He could also fight Angulo, though I think Perro might be too far past it.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 12-07-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Rosado-Stevens isn't a light touch for either guys. I honestly think they would end up killing each other in another shootout. Mora is good, he won't get damaged... but I think Rosado needs a real light touch to grab a win or two and get his confidence up before facing another "name" fighter. He needs a year off too possibly. Let the eye heal and think his career through. 9 losses now.

Comment

Working...
                X