Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Wilder vs. Povetkin PPV fight get more buys than Golovkin vs. Lemieux did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner would probably get more buys lol

Comment

Definitely. They're heavyweights, Wilder is american champion and Povetkin has been on PPV before.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
        Yes I agree with you. Such a fight on NBC or even ABC would get great exposure and make Wilder more known(should he win such a fight).
        I just think that there is to much money in that fight, that it would have to be on PPV. I could be wrong also.

Ahh yes, i forgot about that. That s a good argument. Ofcourse HBO budget could be used, but I dont think that fans wanted Golovkin vs. Lemeiux as much as Golovkin vs. Canelo/Cotto.
        If Golovkin fights the winner of the month fight then it is ok, but if not then I think it was a mistake.
        wlad isn't a huge seller in the US. I think his fights should be on regular HBO/NBC. I surely am not buying any of his fights on PPV. I'm not getting any wilder fights on PPV.

There is not a HWT fight I would purchase on PPV.

Frankly, there is not 1 fight that IMO is truly PPV worthy except Cotto/Canelo, which is more event than great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Broner would probably get more buys lol
          Broner-Maidana was originally supposed to be PPV and I have no doubt in my mind, it would have done better than GGG-Lemiuex. ****, even the Paulie fight probably would have.

Comment

Nobody watches boxing anymore, not even its supposed "hardcore" fans...see how "these" fans treat boxing (pbc), why would others be interested in it.

Comment

It absolutely would because Wilders haters would be all in to see him lose. Lemieux isn't a big enough threat to get GGG's haters to fork out 60 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                It absolutely would because Wilders haters would be all in to see him lose. Lemieux isn't a big enough threat to get GGG's haters to fork out 60 bucks.
                ^^^ This right here.

I feel that HBO had no choice but to put Golovkin-Lemieux on PPV as they haven't had one all year if I'm not mistaken and they had to use up what they had in their budget to get in at least 2 of them before the year was out. They may be able to recoup what they put in this PPV in the next one with COtto-Canelo.

Comment

Wilder vs Klitschko would do really well on PPV I think. No one knows who the hell Povetkin is.

Comment

Wilder vs. Fury would get the most HW PPV buys.

Comment

It absolutely would because Wilders haters would be all in to see him lose.
                      I am not sure about this. I think 90 percent of the **** Wilder gets is because people don't think he's for real. Most people (myself included) thinks he's a likeable dude for the most part.

"Haters" buy fights when, you know, the fighter is someone they hate, not because they think he's a hype.

I can't imagine Wilder sells a lot of PPVs if he's not fighting the winner of Klitchko-Fury. Even then you'd need a solid undercard.

Comment

Working...
                      X