Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about Lucas Matthysse spitting in the ring during fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
    Should be fined and docked points during the fight IMO.
    No he should be banned from boxing, what kind of behavior is that?

Comment

It's not against the rules.

Comment

I never noticed. He is one of my favorite fighters and he fights clean so as long as he doesn't spit on his opponent or the referee I see no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I never noticed. He is one of my favorite fighters and he fights clean so as long as he doesn't spit on his opponent or the referee I see no problem.
          Lucas has been known to rabbit punch quite often. I wouldn't call him dirty but I don't think "clean fighter" is the right term either.

Comment

Never noticed Matthysse but the propensity to spit comes from the excess saliva and mucus produced during physical exertion.

Comment

So what? Larry Holmes barfed.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                When Matthysse fought Danny Garcia he spat in the ring more than once.

Are you okay with this? What is your take on this?

Fine with it. Lots of sportsmen spit. Boxers may do it due to water between rounds or habit.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  It can cause slips that could be ruled as knockdowns. I haven't noticed him do that though. If he does, he needs to stop. You don't spit in the ring. The ring is not a field where all you need to do is cover it with dirt with your shoes.
                  the giant slippery logos also cause slips but boxing isn't a real sport so they allow things like that to effect the outcome of fights because when money is on the line integrity goes out the window. maybe if lucas gets a spit sponsor that will make it ok.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    the giant slippery logos also cause slips but boxing isn't a real sport so they allow things like that to effect the outcome of fights because when money is on the line integrity goes out the window. maybe if lucas gets a spit sponsor that will make it ok.
                    Like sponsored by a **** company or something......

Comment

You try being exhausted and getting punched in the face for 12 rounds and see if you don't spit some blood or whatever out

Comment

Working...
                      X