No announcement yet.

what are the REAL options for golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the REAL options for golovkin

ok we get it floyd is a ducker and he will never fight golovkin. but moving on to reality, who's next? some interesting names, i like froch. theres also bika, ward, and mebbe a guy like geale or chavez jr. im not thinking any mws wanna jump in the ring with golovkin rite now. he did mention moving down to jmw but with that said, they arent gonna fight him either. so his best bet is 160 or 168.

Another middleweight, I hope, and one that matters. Murray sounds willing. He arguably just beat Martinez, that would be another fight Golovkin could use to stake his claim as the best.

Comment

Geale vs Barker is on HBO in August. HBO has a date for GGG in November. The winner is the most likely and logical opponent. It's obvious HBO is trying to set this up otherwise they wouldn't pick up Geale/Barker.

Perhaps GGG will take a stay busy fight before then maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Another middleweight, I hope, and one that matters. Murray sounds willing. He arguably just beat Martinez, that would be another fight Golovkin could use to stake his claim as the best.
        When did Murray say he wanted to fight GGG? He'd probably want the HBO spot, which I think should be held for the Geale/Barker winner. Those are the only two realistic options as far as the HBO slot is concerned. He could fight Mora/Rubio off HBO. Mora would be on his bike and Rubio would come forward.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 06-30-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

There are many options, they just dont have the balls to fight him. People need to stop bringing ward up. He's not fighting Golovkin off an injury/surgery and is clearly chasing Chavez. The fight simply isnt happening.

Golovking will probably take an interm fight and then fight the Barker-Gaele winner

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Geale vs Barker is on HBO in August. HBO has a date for GGG in November. The winner is the most likely and logical opponent. It's obvious HBO is trying to set this up otherwise they wouldn't pick up Geale/Barker.

Perhaps GGG will take a stay busy fight before then maybe.

I think it's the Barker/Geale winner.
            Why else would it be on HBO?
            Setting up a potential fight between the two

Comment

Martinez was discarded by promoter right after the fight literally, I hope he can get Chavez in there somehow, if not then Murray seems like a good fight. I don't think he should go up somebody gotta fight this guy eventually or they should all wear pink tutus.

Comment

i'd like to see ggg face murray who is arguably the lineal mw then gaele/barker.

if he can beat 2 of those 3 then i believe sergio has to face him after coming off his injury and having a tune up.

if ggg can beat serg then him and ward should get it on imo.

all those fights are challenging and would be great i'd try to go see him vs serg or ward.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  ok we get it floyd is a ducker and he will never fight golovkin. but moving on to reality, who's next? some interesting names, i like froch. theres also bika, ward, and mebbe a guy like geale or chavez jr. im not thinking any mws wanna jump in the ring with golovkin rite now. he did mention moving down to jmw but with that said, they arent gonna fight him either. so his best bet is 160 or 168.
                  I agree Floyd is not a realistic option, but not because he is a "ducker", is this a troll/bait thread? Otherwise why not make an OP without baiting and stating fallacies? How do you know they will never fight? If they don't it's more than likely because Floyd retires before GGG can earn that shot.

That being said, I want him to fight Ward or Murray.

Comment

It's the Barker/Geale winner or Murray. Maybe Pirog will come out of Bolivian?

Comment

Working...
                    X