Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What conclusion can we draw if Trout dominates Cotto??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it weill mean tht cotto is shot like i have been saying since the pac fight

Comment

If you're out there Bossy, you're gonna love this.

I was wrong about Cotto.

I talked about some great façade Cotto had created and how the Mayweather fight really wasn't going to be that competitive. But he showed that under a new trainer, he was even better than his best. He employed a gameplan and really gave it to Floyd and looked great.

I don't want to make that same mistake twice.

Cotto should not be underestimated and what has Trout done to make you think he'll beat him?

I've seen little of Trout and whilst he does box well and has good speed - I think the fight has come too soon and Cotto takes a points win. Either way, I'm sure it promises to be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
        Stylistically speaking height and reach has never bothered Miguel Cotto, Iron chin and relentless pressure, along with fast paced fights is what makes Cotto start backing up and fading..

If Trout makes it a chess match he'll get broken down and stopped, his reach is better, but Cotto will get on the inside simply using his jab and chop Trout up, I don't see this fight going 12
        Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Cotto is a sharper more accurate puncher. Trout has also never fought someone who knows how to control distance and get in the contact zone like Cotto does.

I do not think that Trout can keep Cotto at the end of his jab and win the fight going away like that. No way. Cotto will out-jab him and that's how he'll get into a comfortable punching distance.

And Trout's already talking about how he's going to step around Cotto...please, Cotto cuts the ring off very well and his feet aren't quicker than Pac's or Floyd's who had trouble doing that against Cotto.
        Cotto does have the skill-set/experience to beat Trout, and history does tell us that Cotto hates fighting at a high tempo. We need to see if Trout can make full use of his natural advantages and force Cotto to adjust. IDK how Trout will perform as this is a dramatic step-up in competition, but I'm gonna hope that he plans on winning and not backing down. The widest I can see is a UD for Cotto, I'll be impressed if he stops Trout.

Comment

If Cotto gets dominated then he's pretty much over the hill. I don't see it happening though.

Comment

I din't see Trout dominating. If he wins. It'll be close. Cotto enjoys fighting boxers like Trout. Trout not much of a puncher either. So Cotto can be the aggressor the entire fight. He only struggles greatly if he's the one getting pressured.

I like Trout and he can win. Just doubt it will be easy.

Comment

Means we'll see a bunch of dumb threads like Trout vs Hager, Trout vs Forrest, Trout vs (insert name of random fighter).

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                Haha no its not man. That's not a reason, you're naming vague attributes that are arguable you're not actually breaking down the fight.

Will I bet mythical points? Yea sure. A billion?
                Absolutely a billion. Don't act like a reason & (breaking down the fight) are the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Really curious about this because I feel that's exactly what's going to happen. I know what it'll mean to me, but what will it mean to all you guys??
                  Cotto will be Canelo next opponent. It fits the description.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I think it would mean Cotto was overrated. Cotto has never defeated a real good 154 pounder. I do think Trout will win.
                    No ginger fan should seriously be in here posting anything about never defeating a real good 154lber. That's simply crazy, or shameless. Take your pick,lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      He will be taken in by the Floyd and now Broner fans.
                      AKA The Haymon Posse.

Anyway, back on topic. He won't unless Cotto shows bad stamina again in the championship rounds. Floyd wasn't able to dominate Cotto and Trout won't. No Doubt.

Comment

Working...
                      X