Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "brawl" with Cotto, Mosley and Ortiz because his Legs are getting older?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I would argue that what you said here is a chicken little assessment~

Is Floyd on the back end of his career sure, if he sticks around he will eventually get beat, but is the sky falling for Floyd that is over reaching~

I would also say his style has not even changed~ to any real degree
    Floyd moved around quite a bit in his younger days. He definitely used his legs much more then, particularly in the early rounds. He doesn't do that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Floyd moved around quite a bit in his younger days. He definitely used his legs much more then, particularly in the early rounds. He doesn't do that anymore.
      He moved a bit, but he was never a real runner. He still moves a bit but is even more efficient with it.

I would never classify him as a mover, although there are a couple fights were he did use movement as his main strategy.

Which is why I don't find him that much different.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        He moved a bit, but he was never a real runner. He still moves a bit but is even more efficient with it.

I would never classify him as a mover, although there are a couple fights were he did use movement as his main strategy.

Which is why I don't find him that much different.
        Oh no, I'd never say he was a runner. He was never that. But he did move quite a bit more, particularly in the first half of the fight. It almost seemed like a strategy as he would then sit down on his punchers during the second half of the fight. He did that well against Corrales, Hernandez, and Castillo to name a few. But a mover? Nah. I agree--he always had many styles.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Oh no, I'd never say he was a runner. He was never that. But he did move quite a bit more, particularly in the first half of the fight. It almost seemed like a strategy as he would then sit down on his punchers during the second half of the fight. He did that well against Corrales, Hernandez, and Castillo to name a few. But a mover? Nah. I agree--he always had many styles.
          I think the Corrales fight is probably the most I've seen him move.

But then in the Jesus Chavez fight he barely moved at all.

Obviously Corrales is a lot bigger and better than Chavez but still, there were even times he stood in the pocket back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Floyd is on the downward slope of his career. His legs are gone and I give him at most 2 more fights before he retires for good or gets beat.

He has an edge over PAC.
            He is 50-50 with canelo
            He gets murked by Martinez.

I'm not saying that Floyd wasnt great but he is declining fast.
            Only floyd fan boys will argue other wise.
            So I'll ask u this? Why has floyd changed his style the last 3 fights?
            You could've argued your point, and probably gotten some positive points...until your ulterior motive was revealed with the fan boy comment. You clowns just can't keep it real. Declining fast? When did this start? Who keeps their 21 year old legs into their mid 30's. I just hate phony posters. I expect critics, but I can't deal with phony posters. Floyd never changed his style.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I think the Corrales fight is probably the most I've seen him move.

But then in the Jesus Chavez fight he barely moved at all.

Obviously Corrales is a lot bigger and better than Chavez but still, there were even times he stood in the pocket back then.
              Oh yeah that was a brawl!!!! Loved that fight, both were just in there going at it but with skill and heart.

Comment

Working...
              X