Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else wouldn't mind a Cotto-Mayweather classic showdown at the Garden?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else wouldn't mind a Cotto-Mayweather classic showdown at the Garden?

Floyd/Pac sound good and all but remember just a short time ago when we all got hyped up watching this:

I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto upset Pacman and see a classic at the garden vs Floyd.

At the MSG? Not gonna happen. It will be a sellout, Mayweather has fans here but I wouldn't risk it if I were Floyd.

Comment

Mayweather won't fight Cotto at his home away from home. The fight would probably happen in Vegas, a neutral site. With a fight that big, the sight should be somewhat neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
        At the MSG? Not gonna happen. It will be a sellout, Mayweather has fans here but I wouldn't risk it if I were Floyd.
        Don't ruin it for me with reality of the business. I brought up the garden because it would be a classic like the 40's and 50's when lighter weight fighters met up either at the Yankee Stadium or MSG.

Just something about it. And Floyd never fought in NY, I don't think, it should be on his "TO DO LIST" before he retires. It's a big venue.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vlad 303 View Post
          Don't ruin it for me with reality of the business. I brought up the garden because it would be a classic like the 40's and 50's when lighter weight fighters met up either at the Yankee Stadium or MSG.

Just something about it. And Floyd never fought in NY, I don't think, it should be on his "TO DO LIST" before he retires. It's a big venue.
          He did, he faught Zab Judah at the MSG I believe.

Comment

neither would he, believe me.

Comment

No that fight was in the MGM grand.

Comment

I think the Judah fight was at the Thomas and Mack Center.

Comment

Nope that was in Las Vegas, which is cool and all. But one shouldn't just be fighting in one place, the place he lives at anyway.

I liked how he came into Atlantic City and owned Gatti (R.i.P.) in front of his crowd, taking that WBC title like a gangsta. He should try to do more of that unstead of settling in Las Vegas for the rest of his career.

Comment

It just looked like it was in New York, with the brawl between corners LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X