Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Juan Marquez turn down Eric Morales? I seriously doubt it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boofdatruth View Post
    This is false. If I remember correctly Arum did Marquez dirty, and put this article out about Marquez asking for 3.5 mil. that sounds so suspect of Marquez. They use the Pac rematch offer as evidence that maybe he did ask for 3.5 to fight Morales. I remember Marquez speaking differently but I can't find the article. Arum was mad that the Indonesian promotor won promotional rights to Marquez-John. Arum hated Nacho because Nacho thought that making only 100,000 more than what was previously given was preposterous.

nice that you tell the owner of bscene that he is wrong LOL

and he is right. TR tried to make a Morales Marquez fight before Morales Pacquiao but the offer they made to Nacho and JMM was countered by something ludacrisp

Comment

Marquez was stripped of one of his titles. So he was only bringing 1 title into their supposed rematch. He was the super champion in their first fight. He lost his title to John and was stripped of a title before he fought John.
      john fight was way after the manny fight.

when the rematch negotiations was still going on jmm still had both belts.

Comment

Marquez was stripped of one of his titles. So he was only bringing 1 title into their supposed rematch. He was the super champion in their first fight. He lost his title to John and was stripped of a title before he fought John.
        ???? your timelines are WAY OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post

and he is right. TR tried to make a Morales Marquez fight before Morales Pacquiao but the offer they made to Nacho and JMM was countered by something ludacrisp
          Most believe that nacho was an asset on JMM's corner but a real mistake to have him as his manager also. same thing was happening to MAB when he was handled by Ricardo Maldonado..

Comment

Originally Posted by Papa Ace
            Marquez and his manager Nacho Beristain did not do his career any favors. After the bout with Pacquiao, Marquez rejected a career high $750,000 for the rematch and demanded $1.5 million, which was the entire license fee offered by HBO. In 2005, Top Rank offered Marquez $1.5 million to face Erik Morales in the main event on an HBO pay-per-view that was scheduled to take place in the Fall of 2006. Again Marquez rejected the offer, requesting an unrealistic $3.5 million, a figure that according to Top Rank, was an amount that even the more marketable Erik Morales had never been guaranteed in his entire career.

This is the article PAc fans have been showing me. I do not believe this as fact, and The fact that they never showed me an author to the article means they could've doctored it up themselves...lol

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
              Most believe that nacho was an asset on JMM's corner but a real mistake to have him as his manager also. same thing was happening to MAB when he was handled by Ricardo Maldonado..
              exactly. Nacho overpriced JMM's worth quite often. When Hamed went looking for an opponent and chose Barrera their team thought all along that MAB was done and they would accept pitance just to take the fight but in reality they knew this was the fight to get Barrera back on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                john fight was way after the manny fight.

when the rematch negotiations was still going on jmm still had both belts.
                Do you understand what I'm saying????? Left, he took the John fight, and went to Indonesia to face John with 1 title the WBA title. He was stripped of his IBF title BEFORE he fought John.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post

Sorry, but you don't even know what we are talking about. You haven't brought facts to the table at all...

Comment

Do you understand what I'm saying????? Left, he took the John fight, and went to Indonesia to face John with 1 title the WBA title. He was stripped of his IBF title BEFORE he fought John.
                    As I remember, John was the WBO mandatory challenger and the Indonesian promoter won the fight bid as other promoters did not want to deal with Beristain.

Comment

Originally Posted by Papa Ace
                      Marquez and his manager Nacho Beristain did not do his career any favors. After the bout with Pacquiao, Marquez rejected a career high $750,000 for the rematch and demanded $1.5 million, which was the entire license fee offered by HBO. In 2005, Top Rank offered Marquez $1.5 million to face Erik Morales in the main event on an HBO pay-per-view that was scheduled to take place in the Fall of 2006. Again Marquez rejected the offer, requesting an unrealistic $3.5 million, a figure that according to Top Rank, was an amount that even the more marketable Erik Morales had never been guaranteed in his entire career.

This is the article PAc fans have been showing me. I do not believe this as fact, and The fact that they never showed me an author to the article means they could've doctored it up themselves...lol
                      well since you're not going to believe the owner, who probably knows a tad more than you, or someone who was actually at the initial Morales Pacquiao presser (at the Beverly Hills Hotel in case you want an actual location) and heard Beltran say it himself that they offered the fight to JMM first for "way more money than he and Nacho ever seen" then go right ahead and believe your conspiracy theories and doubt people who actually heard this.

Comment

Working...
                      X