Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Discussion About 155: Why Are You Supporting it? Are You Against It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Discussion About 155: Why Are You Supporting it? Are You Against It?

To me, the biggest joke in boxing history is this 155 bull****. I know catchweights have existed since the beginning of time. But not like this. If you have two champions a division apart, meet in the middle and make the fight for the fans. That's the purpose of a catchweight.

But here, Canelo has literally created his own weight division. His last 4 and upcoming fight are at 155. It's not about meeting champions in the middle. He's now bringing up undersized welters or trying to drain undersized middles. What is going on here?

Where is the media outrage? Are they afraid to lose their credentials?

Where is the fan outrage? Do You Even Care?

What are Your Opinions on this 155 ****?
    It's an Absolute Joke. Totally Against it.
    41.03%
    Love it. GGG Deserves it for Trying to Drain Ward and Calling out Anyone from '54-'68
    5.13%
    Love it. Fights can be made between great fighters regardless of division.
    1.71%
    Canelo is Using it as a Negotiating Tool to Get an Advantage Over GGG
    16.24%
    Canelo Will Struggle Against Legit Middleweights and is Delaying the Inevitable
    16.24%
    Canelo is the Money Man and Can Do Whatever He Wants
    3.42%
    It's Hilarious
    11.11%
    It Doesn't Bother Me. As Long as I get to see the fights I want
    5.13%

its a joke, im sure you could easily find a plethora of hypocritical comments about catchweights from his biggest fans

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      To me, the biggest joke in boxing history is this 155 bull****. I know catchweights have existed since the beginning of time. But not like this. If you have two champions a division apart, meet in the middle and make the fight for the fans. That's the purpose of a catchweight.

But here, Canelo has literally created his own weight division. His last 4 and upcoming fight are at 155. It's not about meeting champions in the middle. He's now bringing up undersized welters or trying to drain undersized middles. What is going on here?

and stop hatin!

but then they forget how much they ****ted on Cotto for fighting Geale at 157 & Martinez at 159.

Comment

Canelo looks so bad with this ****. I dont get why he even drains himself to fight there. Add the Khan fight to that equation and that's some diva level bull****. No matter how its deflected or otherwise.

Comment

Its beyond a joke

His wins at 155lb counted towards his very high (no.1) ranking at 154, up until he beat Cotto. Now his wins at 155 seem to go towards his ranking at 160, as Champion (insofar as that 155 is deemed to be middleweight, and this is enough to satisfy keeping his lineage). That cannot be right

On top of that though, his opponents didn't lose any ranking at 154 when they lost to Canelo at 155. It's pretty peculiar. It only highlights corruption on sanctioning body level, and downright incompetence or sheep mentality from well respected rankings such as RING or TBRB (yes, even TBRB).

I firmly believe that world titles should not be valid in catchweight fights. If you are meeting half way, its not really showing who the best at the weight is. Fights that warrant a catchweight between two champions barely need a title to keep it relevant anyway.

Comment

Canelo is a complete joke

Comment

It's garbage, and a joke. What makes it even worse is it's for a middleweight title, the lineal one at that (please spare me the "nobody cares about lineal titles crap" just because you don't). I really hope GGG stands his ground and doesn't give in. While I would like to see this fight, if it doesn't happen cause Canelo is dead set on the catchweight then so be it, give up the title and let real middleweights fight for it.

Comment

Canelos is a fookin' joke and this is complete bull****.

The only ones defending this are fan boys. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Canelos is a fookin' joke and this is complete bull****.

The only ones defending this are fan boys. Plain and simple.
                  People have defended it?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                    its a joke, im sure you could easily find a plethora of hypocritical comments about catchweights from his biggest fans
                    Yeah you could. I have seen the same people who clowned Cotto for doing it all of a sudden have a change of heart cause Canelo is doing it

Comment

Working...
                    X