Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dru Story News on Has Mayweather Hate Gone Too Far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
    1) The fact that Mayweather isn't the only woman beater doesn't make it OK, this video's spin on that does not change this bottom line fact. If you want to call a spade a spade, then we have to call Mayweather a woman beater.

2) Sure the general style of the fight would be the same, and probably also the outcome imo, but Pacquiao has declined since the idea of Mayweather/Pacquiao was first brought up and the author of this video chooses to overlook the significance of that. But I guess calling a spade a spade means viewing things in a light that favors your preconceived beliefs.

3) Rousey was doing the smart thing and talking about the biggest box office fighter, I think it is far from "madness" and "stupidity" to do that. I do agree that the fight itself was stupid and Mayweather would have clocked Rousey in one round easy, but the marketing strategy was not stupid.

4) It's not Mayweather's fault that his post first retirement style was not easy on the eyes sure, but if we're calling a spade a spade I suggest we acknowledge that several of his later fights were boring. (I definitely wouldn't say the same about 130-135lb Floyd tho)

great post

1) putting your hands on a woman is something i don't condone. Touchy topic and I've dealt with that in my child hood.(moms boyfriend)

its not right no matter how you slice it, but also shouldnt be used to trash another person when you are dating someone with a past history f domestic violence and have put your hands on a man. Rousey should have left that topic alone

2) both were past prime....doesnt change the fact it was the fight the world wanted to see.....some people think Mayweather is a black highlander and doesnt age as long as his gloves are on....watch mayweather from 04-05 in comparison to the one this decade...his style changed, doesnt take as many risks and is a lot slower with his hands, combinations, reflexes. The fight IMO went how it wouldve always went, give or take a knockdown or two

3)from a marketing standpoint it was smart. Trash the person that everyone love's to hate, while lifting your profile and becoming a hero to his detractors. Also building your name and UFC

4) His fights were "boring" because he was dominating and his fights lacked suspense....since he came back only the first Maidana fight was fun to watch...why? It was actually competitive. People used to say the same about Roy Jones, he is boring, dont fight nobody. Yet at the time no one would acknowledge he held wins over 7 of the top ten fighters in his division at one time at 175

People can relate to a good loser, or someone who struggles than watching someone who dominates and makes it look easy.....Jack Johnson went through that, Pernell Whitaker, Roy Jones, and Ali did as well.

They arent boring to me but definitely to casual fans

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      1234. What about rouser beating the crap out of her boyfriend and then bragging about it too. Shes a woman beater too
      two wrongs dont make a right.....if you were involved in acts similar to those you trash, you might want to start keeping your mouth shut on that topic...just sayin

the internet is a hell of a tool and info passes in seconds

Comment

Here are a couple of interesting news clips thousands turning up at Heathrow airport in London for the arrival of Tyson... https://youtu.be/CC8WJmJFbhc?t=8

Tyson getting mobbed in an innercity area of London... https://youtu.be/OMl5WT-m3PE

Comment

Could part of the reason for the hate towards Mayweather be that he really is all about the "Money"

Floyd is doing a Victory tour in the U.K. and for the privilege of seeing him at a venue in his tour of British cities you have to pay thousands... On top of that if you want photographs or autographs you have to pay extra.

The man is going out of his way to alienate his fans, you think with all the money he has earned he could give back a little instead he has Kelly Swanson standing by his shoulder to make sure all his fans pay up.

Mind you this video is hilarious from a couple of years back Woman in London saying who are you I Know my Tyson but who are you? even after being explained to her as to who he was she says I Only Know the Big Name Boxers, thats probably why I dont know you... https://youtu.be/3nrLgXSQuPY
          Last edited by Invictas; 02-09-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
            Could part of the reason for the hate towards Mayweather be that he really is all about the "Money"

Floyd is doing a Victory tour in the U.K. and for the privilege of seeing him at a venue in his tour of British cities you have to pay thousands... On top of that if you want photographs or autographs you have to pay extra.

The man is going out of his way to alienate his fans, you think with all the money he has earned he could give back a little instead he has Kelly Swanson standing by his shoulder to make sure all his fans pay up.

He gives back...does things for his community, organizations, holidays....still gotta get your gwap up too...part of life

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

He gives back...does things for his community, organizations, holidays....still gotta get your gwap up too...part of life
              His not that really hard up for cash were he needs to charge for autographs and photographs with some one who is totally broke like Riddick Bowe you can understand. Plus U.K. is one of the places were he has the largest fan base, his fans out number the few haters.

Anyways here is how the British press are covering it ...... https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...13943665,d.bGs

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                Tyson wasn't hated by a large number of people until his second run when he seemed legitimately crazy. He was beloved by most people in his prime in the 80'/early 90's.
                Not really. Whole lot of 'mainstream' fans and sportswriters folk bailed when he split with Cayton and signed with Don King (the 'Negro-out-to-ruin-boxing-like-Al-Haymon-today' demon of his time) and even more started talking hella greasy after the rape charges. One example:

Howard Cosell, on Mike Tyson (SportsCenter, 1992): "He's a common criminal who's getting what he deserves. He's finished, washed up, deserves to be, period. He's a thug."

Comment

Working...
                X