Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean to over train? How is it bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean to over train? How is it bad?

Hey fellas,
    i've searched and cant find a thread.

Exactly what does it mean to overtrain?
    How is it bad to be over prepared? Or over trained?
    Does your muscles get weak or somnething?
    Exactly what happens to your body?

Someone please explain.

Fatigue. Just like anything that is over worked it becomes less effective. This applies to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post
      Hey fellas,
      i've searched and cant find a thread.

Exactly what does it mean to overtrain?
      How is it bad to be over prepared? Or over trained?
      Does your muscles get weak or somnething?
      Exactly what happens to your body?

Someone please explain.
      Alright, in simple terms, think of it this way - if you keep using a pencil without sharpening it ever eventually it will go blunt and unusable. Same principle with your body...muscles, hell - even your mind, need time to recover and grow...if you push yourself too far or too much you go 'blunt' and thus you are less effective...it can cause injuries and just a less efficient and effective body. Rest and recovery is key! And especially for prize fighting, you need to be as efficient and in as good a shape as possible to be at 100%...or you lose.

It's a simple concept - take it into any situation, there's a point in time when something is at it's peak, too much and it becomes lesser than it was - drive a car and after a certain amount of miles on the clock the performance will drop. Study for a test gradually and pass it with preparation or do it all the night before and be less effective as you have a scramble of information.
      Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 02-05-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Simple putting to much strain on your body to the point of injuring your self.

Comment

fry your central nervous system.

ricky hatton said he was overtrained for pacquaio fight.

i think its very hard to overtrain.

Comment

It's basically an excuse for a loss when you're out of options for reasons you suck.

Comment

I actually think Bradley over trained for the Pacquiao fight. He couldn't even keep pace with an old man Pacquiao, and fatigued by the 2nd round.

It was strange. I know Manny brings a pace that you have to be elite in cardio to keep up with, but man, I never saw Bradley tire out that quickly.

Could have been a combination of Pac's athleticism and punching power though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                I actually think Bradley over trained for the Pacquiao fight. He couldn't even keep pace with an old man Pacquiao, and fatigued by the 2nd round.

It was strange. I know Manny brings a pace that you have to be elite in cardio to keep up with, but man, I never saw Bradley tire out that quickly.

Could have been a combination of Pac's athleticism and punching power though.
                yea, bradley said he overtrained. trained 12 weeks. he's training 8 weeks for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  yea, bradley said he overtrained. trained 12 weeks. he's training 8 weeks for this one.
                  Makes sense. Re watched the fight last night, and thought to myself, "He's already gassed in the 2nd round?"

Comment

Overtraining is basically running out of gas in your car.
                    (Instead of putting a stop to training for the day and resting) you run out of gas and walk tobget gas in the gas can .instead of stopping to get gas and getting home to rest before the early shift in the morning .the walk is 4 miles.you dont get home till midnight and gotta be up at 5am to be at work by 6am and gotta do a 12 hour shift . All that everyday.

Instead of the other.

Then you gotta fight.

I agree , i think bradley was overwhelmed by the moment
                    In pac 1. Mentally fatigued. And he physically overtrained .
                    Bradley will be in beast mode in pac 2

Comment

Working...
                    X