• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrell Biggs

What do you all think of Tyrell.
    I thought he was a great boxer.

Comment

• I must say that Tyson is my fave heavyweight.

For one, I grew up watching him live [as opposed to archive] and he was so awesome.

I do think on achievements Mike is a top 10 guy at HW and HW p4p/prime v prime list I'd have Mike in the top 5.

Comment

• Sonny Liston is so underrated.

Comment

• 1. Joe Louis
          2. Rocky Marciano
          3. Muhammad Ali
          4. Larry Holmes
          6. Jack Dempsey
          6. George Foreman
          7. Lennox Lewis
          8. Mike Tyson
          9. Evander Holyfield
          10. Joe Frazier

Comment

• I'm a 27 year old white guy from Brooklyn, I live in New Jersey, so there's your bias filter.

I have a hard time ranking any boxer who refused to fight black fighters in the early 1900s or late 1800s...you cannot ignore that,

1. Jack Johnson - toughest era, under more pressure than anyone ever, beat everyone
            2. Muhammad Ali - tough era, hated, still won
            3. Joe Louis
            4. Evander Holyfield
            5. Mike Tyson
            6. Larry Holmes
            7. Joe Frazier
            8. George Foreman
            9. Jack Dempsey
            10 Lennox Lewis

Comment

• Not having a go, but you said you have a hard time ranking boxers who avoided fighting black fighters in the late 1800's and early 1900's. I love Jack Johnson and he deserves a high spot, but after he became champion he avoided them too. Also I need to seriously look at this again, the Klitchkos deserve serious consideration.

Comment

• (1) Muhammad Ali
                (2) Joe Louis
                (3) Lennox Lewis
                (4) Larry Holmes
                (5) Wladimir Klitschko
                (6) George Foreman
                (7) Evander Holyfield
                (8) Mike Tyson
                (9) Jack Johnson
                (10) Rocky Marciano

My Top Ten based on Accomplishments.

Comment

• I always thought Jack Dempsey should be included in the top ten. He made the sport popular during his era and had the style to excite people.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                    I always thought Jack Dempsey should be included in the top ten. He made the sport popular during his era and had the style to excite people.
                    Jack Dempsey was such a good champion. Also extremely humble in defeat which I liked a lot. If I was born 30 years earlier I would have relished going to his restaurant and just talk boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                      I must say that Tyson is my fave heavyweight.

For one, I grew up watching him live [as opposed to archive] and he was so awesome.

I do think on achievements Mike is a top 10 guy at HW and HW p4p/prime v prime list I'd have Mike in the top 5.
                      I cannot include him in top 10, but I understand why people do. All time greatness isn't purely resume in my book. There are other factors, such as your enigma and influence on the world as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                      X