Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury v Bryant Jennings - who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury v Bryant Jennings - who wins and how?

Two guys in the mix for the WBC title or top contender spots. Both young, upcoming fighters who need to desperately step up the competition after some delays and setbacks. Who wins this matchup and why? Can Jennings overcome the physical disadvantages and use his skills and athleticism to win? Or would the fight be like the Cunningham v Fury one?

Also, rate how good/interesting this potential matchup would actually be. I think it's an interesting one in the WBC to narrow down some contenders, which hasn't really been mentioned as a potential one as of yet.

Discuss
    Tyson Fury KO/TKO
    4.55%
    Tyson Fury Decision
    9.09%
    Bryant Jennings KO/TKO
    72.73%
    Bryant Jennings Decision
    13.64%
    Not sure/evenly matched/too close to call
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Bryant Jennings is stronger and younger than the past-best Steve Cunningham. I was impressed by his quick left hooks and his overall ring intelligence.

I think Jennings would win by KO/TKO.

Comment

Tyson Fury I think is just too big and too long for him.

Fury UD.

Comment

I doubt this can happen, Fury would probably sprain his hand from the tweets he'd be sending out alone about how he'd be going from Haye to Jennings.

Bryant does stand decent chance though, Fury's focus is questionable with that nonsense he did in the Cunningham fight, and everywhere else he is really. I'll go Bryant by SD if not one of them falls from a TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          Bryant Jennings is stronger and younger than the past-best Steve Cunningham. I was impressed by his quick left hooks and his overall ring intelligence.

I think Jennings would win by KO/TKO.
          Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Tyson Fury I think is just too big and too long for him.

Fury UD.
          Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
          I doubt this can happen, Fury would probably sprain his hand from the tweets he'd be sending out alone about how he'd be going from Haye to Jennings.

Bryant does stand decent chance though, Fury's focus is questionable with that nonsense he did in the Cunningham fight, and everywhere else he is really. I'll go Bryant by SD if not one of them falls from a TKO.
          I think Jennings' long reach would give him a real chance here, and regarding Fury being too big and too long, it's been proven from the Cunningham fight that he can lose focus or concentration when he sees he's the much bigger man and still get tagged and put down. Now, not to say that will definitely keep happening but you know its a possibility. I think due to his superior size and strength Fury would be a slight favourite here, but if Jennings fought a smart fight he could win this in a decision, doubt he KO's Tyson but I suppose he could put him down.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
            I think Jennings' long reach would give him a real chance here, and regarding Fury being too big and too long, it's been proven from the Cunningham fight that he can lose focus or concentration when he sees he's the much bigger man and still get tagged and put down. Now, not to say that will definitely keep happening but you know its a possibility. I think due to his superior size and strength Fury would be a slight favourite here, but if Jennings fought a smart fight he could win this in a decision, doubt he KO's Tyson but I suppose he could put him down.
            I think it was pretty obvious in the Cunningham fight that it was Fury's own fault he got tagged to the extent he did.

He was careless and obviously had issues with Cunningham's camp, his trainer wasn't there and he thought Cunningham punched like a girl. Any man who's 210 and ripped to the bone can put you down if he hits just right.

I doubt Fury will make the same mistakes again, but I guess we'll find out. I don't think Jennings is too impressive, but he's a decent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I think it was pretty obvious in the Cunningham fight that it was Fury's own fault he got tagged to the extent he did.

He was careless and obviously had issues with Cunningham's camp, his trainer wasn't there and he thought Cunningham punched like a girl. Any man who's 210 and ripped to the bone can put you down if he hits just right.

I doubt Fury will make the same mistakes again, but I guess we'll find out. I don't think Jennings is too impressive, but he's a decent fighter.
              I agree, but I just think Fury is prone to putting himself in that situation again, i'm sure you've seen or heard his interviews where he uses his size advantage to trash talk opponents or potential opponents as 'midgets', I think sometimes he just thinks his size will win him fights. Jennings is a decent fighter, he hasn't fully proven himself at all as a potential champion, but neither has Tyson. However, Jennings has things his way like reach and athleticism, this sort of compensates him being the smaller man for likely most of his matchups at heavyweight. Anyway, I think it would be a decent fight for the WBC rankings, sort of kills off either or both of them if they show they aren't up to it and produce a bad fight or get dominated either way.

Comment

Fury would likely get outboxed for a while by Jennings before he tried to open up and just go for the kill. That's when he starts getting tagged by flush shots and dropped. Jennings by late stoppage.

Comment

Fury would spank that ass!

Comment

Working...
                  X