Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol at the Mathysse hype, lets rewind back to 2010 shall we......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingbrain28 View Post
    After the initial trollfest, this thread has become a semi serious discussion.

Now, I believe like many others here that Mats is a bit too highly regarded. Yes he has power but he also appears somewhat limited, not as much as a pure puncher, but still not what you would call a Boxer-puncher. As far as his fights with Judah and Alexander are concerned. He did fairly well in them but I do not believe he was, as some would like to put it "robbed". They were close fights as far as I can remember, but he did not beat them to the point where it was clear.

His fight with Peterson I believe will answer the most questions. I think Peterson is a much more skilled fighter, he might lack the power but he makes up for it with pressure and tactics. I am going to side with Peterson in that fight, but if Mats is the fighter that some would have us believe then he should win in spectacular fashion. However that is to be seen, and I am waiting intently until does.
    he didn't beat them to the point of unconsciousness therefore it was not a robbery. who cares if he clearly won enough rounds to win. i'm just gonna look at the fight as a whole and declare it close enough to go either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      yes he has to because unless you beat the sh-it out of your opponent in every single round the fight "could have gone either way"
      Well, yea, we seen what happened to Provodnikov. Missed out on three 10-8 rounds, even after beating the **** out of his opponent. I can see why many foreign fighters don't want to come to the states with their undefeated or one loss records. When are we going to start asking american fighters to start traveling? Its pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Comment

• For all the back and forth on the question of the Alexander/Judah fights, the truth of the matter is that perception is reality in boxing and on almost every poll you'll ever see on those fights in boxing forums, Matthysse is overwhelmingly voted by fans as having won them.

You can get it into the arguments to the contrary where guys score for grunts and air-jabs if you like, but when it comes down to it the boxing world sees Matthysse as having won both those fights. The fact that he was twice on the receiving of bad decisions has won him a lot of sympathy and support, and combined with his style has made him a real fan favourite.

If a minority of guys want to obsess over whether they were technically 'robberies' or not they can do but it's irrelevant at this point. They're not going to turn the tide of public opinion on this one.

Comment

• Well Lamont Peterson is going to expose Matthyse... He is a much better fighter than him. Matthyse seems to stop punching and does punching in spurt rhythms.. Lamont is going to walk him down and hit him in the body.. Lamont called him out for a reason, he know he can beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            khan fought maidana after maidana should have lost to corley. if you lose to corley you are not the best.
            people were saying that khan was scared to fight maidan and would never fight maidana but of course thats what people here like to do say one thing and then later on try not to give the fighter credit for beating the guy that they were saying was going to knock him out

Comment

• Yeah.. just like how they call Mayweather a cherry picker when the people picked the opponent for him..

Comment

Working...
              X