• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note 2 or 3 >>>>>>> Any other phone on the market

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      Thanks man.

How are things like the calendar, email, voice quality during calls, camera quality and the apps from the android App Store? What is the battery life like in comparison?
      They are the things I use the most and that matter the most to me as well as browsing the Internet
      Calendar is perfect possibly better because of the options you have with Android, for example.... you can download ANY ONE OF the hundreds of different calendar apps and actually make it your default calendar app where in apple you are stuck with theirs.

Email - Straight up, I think Apples email app is better, more efficient... I dont always get all my emails... but they are constantly updating it.

Vocie quality is great, camera is perfect. App selection is about equal.

Battery life gets a slight nod to the iphone... but dude, a ferrari uses more gas, thats life... However battery life is still good and theres lots of tweaks you can make to extend it.

Browsing the internet, slight nod to iphone based on clarity, smoothness, and readability... but realisitically were talking about fractions of a difference, the new androids are great.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        Word. The days when you used to kill your parents landline calling your friends but you could also disappear for days without people pestering you.

What cons have you come across Mak since making the move?

not gonna lie, bud...the phone is limitless but it is glitchy...love the big screen, the options (its like having a jailbroken phone but stock) but it's not as smooth as the iphone

no bias...i love it but its not perfect

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          not gonna lie, bud...the phone is limitless but it is glitchy...love the big screen, the options (its like having a jailbroken phone but stock) but it's not as smooth as the iphone

no bias...i love it but its not perfect
          Pretty much my sentiment.

iPhone is smoother... in almost every way... but it's limited.

Comment

I'd rather have the original 64-bit phone with better ecosystem, better security, more apps, better reliability, better support and be treated as a customer of Apple rather than a product of google to have my soul sold to the NSA through a backdoor in an OS made from stolen IP.

Hey, but if you don't care about your privacy or security, go with android.

Comment

I just switched about two months ago and so far so good. My only complaints are:

Touchscreen- Not as responsive as the iPhone

Durability - Plastic backing piece is kinda flimsy. Screen is fragile. I cracked it within a few weeks of owning it. I dropped it and it cracked pretty easily. It even landed on my shoe which broke the fall a little and it still cracked like Khan's chin. Cost me $100 to fix.

Other than that, awesome phone

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to see if I can get some hands-on time with a galaxy s4. I was just reading the s5 might have serious processor upgrades and move away from the plastic body.
                I'm still dogging my iPhone 4 and it does the job, I just need an upgrade as its seen much better days

Comment

I just rooted my s3 again but loaded a custom ROM CyanogenMod and can't recommend it enough. I already find android more user friendly on the whole (like its quick settings drawer to toggle common features). But this ROM makes it slicker,I reckon it'd address the balance of the minor wins to iPhone mentioned for some. Try HTC and Sony too...there's a similar thread just been on all this.
                  Last edited by Kris Silver; 09-10-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I moved from iPhone 5 to a Galaxy S4 and I will say its pros outweigh the cons. It's much more advanced and has way more options and custom features.

Only downside is I have afew peeps on FaceTime I can only video chat with on Tango or google handouts now.

But beyond that the S4 was a big upgrade from my iPhone 5

Comment

Went from,4s to the s4, i cant knock apple, they are smooth, but i love the sammy. Its just overall nicer for,me. Love the scree size, customization, sd card/battery removable option, and,swype texting.......i can nver imagine not having swype again.

Comment

Working...
                      X