Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's settle this: At what weight should the Pac-Martinez fight take place at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    No, a middleweight fight has the limit of 160. a 155 limit would be a catchweight fight.

I don't have a problem with catchweights, because it gives us fights that may not have been possible otherwise.
    I'm not a fan of catchweight fights for a title, since it removes some of the aspect of it. And i feel that if the guy is Pacquiao, Williams or SRL. Doesn't matter.
    I never said 155 wasn't/wouldn't be a catchweight, just pointing out that 154-160 is the MW range and any fight within that range is a MW fight and any MW belts, whether it be the WBC sapphire or RING lineal belt should/could be on the line and would be legitimate.

This was the case for Williams-Martinez II. Catchweight of 158, yet the WBC MW title as well as the RING MW title were on the line.

So if Pacquiao-Martinez were to happen at 155, the WBC and RING lineal belts should be on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      I never said 155 wasn't/wouldn't be a catchweight, just pointing out that 154-160 is the MW range and any fight within that range is a MW fight and any MW belts, whether it be the WBC sapphire or RING lineal belt should/could be on the line and would be legitimate.
      It's a fight for the title if it's agreed upon. It doesn't change the fact that it's butchered the whole idea of weightclasses anyway.

A middleweight fight has the limit of 160lbs. Thats all there is to it. You could call it a modified middleweight limit, but that would still make it a make belief weight.

This was the case for Williams-Martinez II. Catchweight of 158, yet the WBC MW title as well as the RING MW title were on the line.
      Because it was agreed upon.
      Martinez would never have to defend his title below 160 unless he agrees to it.

So if Pacquiao-Martinez were to happen at 155, the WBC and RING lineal belts should be on the line.
      Don't worry, it would be. It just would make it a lot less credible. (as for the middleweight championship. The fight itself would still be highly credible)

Why are we even discussing this? Pacquiao will NEVER fight Martinez. Not at 160. Not at 155. Not at 154. Not even at 150.

Comment

153lb,he fought Marga's at that weight why not Martinez??

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          For it to be a fair and legit match to you punky boys.

?

Vote and discuss..
          154, no doubt. martinez just had belts in that division and we all know he can make the weight. Pac will weigh in @ 150 tops.

Let's get it on. **** Floyd.

Comment

pacquiao's fight night weight is at 147-148
            sergio's fight night weight is at 165-168
            hell, barker, a natural middleweight only weighed 2 lb's more than martinez(168 which martinez has weighed before) on the night, not much of a difference there right?

martinez a small middleweight my ass, he's perfect for the class
            but if he says he's so comfortable at 154 then 4 lb's wont hurt him

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              153lb,he fought Marga's at that weight why not Martinez??
              he didn't fight margarito at 153. It was 150.

Comment

he didn't fight margarito at 153. It was 150.
                I thought it was 153lb catch weight but if that's where he fought Marga's at then that's where he should fight Martinez if they ever mix it up..I say that's fair..If Martinez does not feel he can make it comfortable then he should not take the fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  I thought it was 153lb catch weight but if that's where he fought Marga's at then that's where he should fight Martinez if they ever mix it up..I say that's fair..If Martinez does not feel he can make it comfortable then he should not take the fight..
                  the 153 cw is for margarito vs cotto i believe.

Comment

the 153 cw is for margarito vs cotto i believe.
                    Pac is a small dude,so if he say's 150lb get's the fight done then the ball is in Martinez court after that..If he does not agree say it and see if ya can get it up'd a few more lbs..If not walk away,I mean you can't expect Pac to make that jump if he does not really want to..Dude has jump how many div already,I mean I expect a lot from Pac but damn that's really pushing it imo..

Comment

there's actually no logical reason for this fight to happen at any weight unless they both agree to fight. this matchup is creating a buzz only because martinez is calling out pac non-stop and we all know it's all about money.

while pac had a paper title at 154, everybody know that fight was made at a catchweight of 150. although pac beat margarito, his team concluded the move up was too much for pac as he just weighed 148 on fight time. so if 150 is too much for him, what is 154?

and i don't think sergio can make 150 ffs. even at 154 i think he will be a bit drained. lets face it...his greed to make a big payday is his only motivation to move down to 150. he can't make 150 period. if he will try, make sure to have a standby ambulance outside of the fight venue.

Comment

Working...
                      X