No announcement yet.

What do you prefer a fighter do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you prefer a fighter do?

cherry pick opponents and win or fight everybody and lose most of the time. which would u regard higher?
    cherry picking and winning
    31.58%
    fighting all competition and mostly losing
    68.42%

If you fight the best win or lose, you get my respect.

Comment

Picking top level fighters, but not the most dangerous for them. That's what I'd do.

Comment

i respect Judah more then floyd.

judah's fought harder comp IMO

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeah...knock him if you like (which I do sometimes), but I always enjoyed who was going to fight next. Thought he was a bit crazy when he stepped up against Hopkins. I didn't think Hopkins was in his prime anymore but Hopkins was still on top and Oscar didn't belong in the MW division.
          Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-31-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

The question is basically: who do you prefer between De La hoya and Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr.
            For me it's De La Hoya.
            You can cherrypick a lil bit like Roy or other did before but not that much. Floyd ducks at a point where he's almost ducking his own shadow, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              Yeah Yeah Yeah...knock him if you like (which I do sometimes), but I always enjoyed who was going to fight next. Thought he was a bit crazy when he stepped up against Hopkins. I didn't think Hopkins was in his prime anymore but Hopkins was still on top and Oscar didn't belong in the MW division.
              DLH is funny though, he fought top competition when he thought they were prime for pickin'

He fought Shane and made him move up two weight-divisions, and ended losin'

He fought old @ss Chavez and Whitaker, although he couldn't have done anything about Chavez's age, I really thought that they waited for Whitaker to show signs of slippage then went after him, even with the age factor, he won a not so popular decision.

He fought Tito because he already knew Tito was strugglin' to make 147lbs, and he ended up losing.

He moves up, way up to fight an aging B-Hop, he thought wrong.

He pulled the same move against Floyd like he did ten years ago against Shane, he ends up losing.

He picked on just about the smallest motherf**ker you can pick on, and he thought making 147 was gonna be a piece of cake since he was fighting a guy that started at 106 and he ends up receiving the worst ass kickin' of his "cherry pickin career".

So yeah, De La Chicken fought the best, but on his f**kin' terms, so at the end of the day, he cherry picked when the best wasn't suppose to be on their best, and ends up losing to all of them, lol.

Comment

Well if the cherry picking consists of pretty good fighters and champions I don't mind it.

If your fighting cab drivers then you really just have a padded record like JCC...

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
                  cherry pick opponents and win or fight everybody and lose most of the time. which would u regard higher?
                  there's no shame in fighting the best and coming up short or trading loses with other great fighters.

Comment

to be the best you have to BEAT the best.

On the other hand if you fight the best and win or lose fought like a warrior than you get more respect.

A fighters stock can go down, even though hes undefeated and won his last fight.
                    When a fighters who lost his last fight looked better and his stock went up.

ONE WORD.......GATTI!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X