Gay Marriage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion is stupid.

Comment

If me proclaiming my feelings in front of a magical sky genie I don't believe in and some government official then signing some papers all for the purpose of making another young lad happy makes me wrong then I don't want to be right.

Comment

I think same sex marriage in a church is where the problem is.

Comment

A marriage is a legal contract, having nothing to do with religion (except ceremonially for those who choose so).

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue, not a religious issue.

This is because there are very many legal 'privileges' afforded by marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post

If you want to be a Christian, be a proper Christian. If you want to be gay, be gay. You can't be both!
            There are very few 'proper' Christians. All religions are very subjective, and many gay people believe the bible isnt against gays or gay marriage.

Its one of those personal interpretations and bible passage quote trump card battles.

Comment

Plus (this point may already have been made...i aint reading the whole thread),

Many people get married in a church who never attend church, pray or have religious beliefs. They lie to the priests because they want that big special church wedding.

According to the bible, they are going to hell, so they are in the same boat as the gay couple. But they also want the grand church wedding.

Many religious gay couples focus on the love of god and not the anti-gay parts of the bible. Just in the same way most Christians dont really turn the other cheek and preach the word of god like they should be doing according to the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                There are very few 'proper' Christians. All religions are very subjective, and many gay people believe the bible isnt against gays or gay marriage.

Its one of those personal interpretations and bible passage quote trump card battles.
                I think the bible is fairly clear about ****sexuality. But gay christians, like most christians, will often considered the Gospels supreme and all the other stuff to be... other stuff. After all there are christians who eat pork and shellfish and think it's ok when the bible is clear on that too.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Marriage predates organised religion. .
                  This was sure be tricky to prove.

Comment

Working...
                  X