No announcement yet.

Lupe Pintor vs Alfonso Zamora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe Pintor vs Alfonso Zamora

15 rounds at bantamweight. Who do you favour? The well schooled and allround Lupe Pintor (who is very underrated IMO) or the more one dimensional but perhaps the hardest pure puncher at bantamweight of all time, Alfonso Zamora?

/greeh
    Last edited by greeh; 08-04-2013, 06:15 PM.

I think Zamora will start out fast, setting a high pace against the notoriously slow starter Pintor, maybe even knocking him down in the process. Pintor, who has a great chin, gets up and slowly starts to take over after about four rounds. With intelligent pressure, and his superior all around skillset, Pintor methodically breaks Zamora down and finish him off in round 10 by KO.

/greeh
    Last edited by greeh; 08-04-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Does no one want to predict an outcome on this matchup?

/greeh
      Last edited by greeh; 08-04-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I think pintor win in 13. This is a great matchup but may belong in the fantasy fight section.

Comment

My first instinct is to pick Pintor, who seems like the more complete fighter. But Lupe wasn't hard to hit, and Zamora had serious power in the early and late rounds. If Zamora is at his best then I like him by stoppage around the 10th. I wouldn't argue with anyone picking Pintor though.

Comment

hard to call, I think Pintor would stop him though in the late rounds. Zamora had some serious power though and this would have been a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              My first instinct is to pick Pintor, who seems like the more complete fighter. But Lupe wasn't hard to hit, and Zamora had serious power in the early and late rounds. If Zamora is at his best then I like him by stoppage around the 10th. I wouldn't argue with anyone picking Pintor though.
              Thank you for your answer and explanation. Pintor stood up well against Gomez and Zarate, even if he was knocked down (Zarate) and stopped (Gomez). Both of them are better technical punchers than Zamora. As we all know, Zamora hits extremely hard, but i don't think Pintor would get shocked, even if going down early.

/greeh

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
                Thank you for your answer and explanation. Pintor stood up well against Gomez and Zarate, even if he was knocked down (Zarate) and stopped (Gomez). Both of them are better technical punchers than Zamora. As we all know, Zamora hits extremely hard, but i don't think Pintor would get shocked, even if going down early.

/greeh
                Any fan of Mexican bantamweights from the 1970's is cool with me.

You should have been here a couple of weeks ago when some troll was claiming that Zamora fought only bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Any fan of Mexican bantamweights from the 1970's is cool with me.

You should have been here a couple of weeks ago when some troll was claiming that Zamora fought only bums.
                  Glad to hear that, doesn't seem like there are many of us.

About the ****** who said Zamora only fought bums:

The level of this forum is (sadly) often shockingley low. But hopefully we are not going to see such a incredible ******ed post again. But what can we expect from some disgusting fanboy, who have his head so far up his favourite fighters ass, and don't think either boxing or good fighters existed before their favourite fighter?

/greeh
                  Last edited by greeh; 08-05-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Lupe dealt with Zarate, so he should be able to handle Zamora.Alfonso has a small chance, but Pintor most likely would take this by 8 round TKO, or KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X