No announcement yet.

The junior middle limit - reality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
    When has a fight ever been made and you not complain? No matter whos fighting. You complained about the Peterson vs Matthysse at 141. You complained about the Lara fight. Your always all over Floyd. STFU focking baby. Your one of those that would rather talk **** than watch a great fight. Once the Garcia vs Matthysse fight gets made you'll be crying about that **** too. Shut the **** up.
    You sound mad?
    Are you mad bro?
    Do you need a hug?

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      The weight limit for the boxing class is 148-154 lbs.

Anything that falls between 148 lb and 154 lbs is the super welterweight limit.

Please respect all fighter that are dedicated to make this weight and don't blow it on the scales.

Please respect all fighters if fighter (a) weights 148 lbs and fighter (b) weights 152 lbs....this is still within the junior middle division.

This has been the rules for this particular weight class since 1962.....1962.

We must all learn to live with this and respect it.
      As implied above there is a rigorous definition to the word limit and you seem to have the wrong idea of what it means. A correct statement would be that 152 is within the jr middleweight limit, but the division is bounded from above by 154 lbs. This is a legit fight but it leaves room for criticism because of the catch weight. Floyd is hypocritical but who here really believes he is a principled man with integrity?

Comment

Originally posted by javysouthpaw View Post
        As implied above there is a rigorous definition to the word limit and you seem to have the wrong idea of what it means. A correct statement would be that 152 is within the jr middleweight limit, but the division is bounded from above by 154 lbs. This is a legit fight but it leaves room for criticism because of the catch weight. Floyd is hypocritical but who here really believes he is a principled man with integrity?

By "he" here, are you addressing Floyd or fellow posters and readers? Such clarity would affect the responses you get to your post, methinks.

P34c3

Comment

Straight from the mouth of Dan Rafael -

Somewhat. However, the Mayweather camp told me that Alvarez's side offered the catch weight, obviously as a way to ensure they would get the fight. What was Floyd supposed to do? Say no? I mean he could have and I would have liked that but he is also a businessman. If somebody hands you an advantage you usually dont say no. That said, if he truly believed what he has preached about catch weights, he should have said no, let's do the contract at the championship weight of 154, the same way I did when I fought Cotto and Oscar.

Comment

Working...
          X