Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I only found a few differences in the two?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only found a few differences in the two?

I just watched "Joe Louis: America's hero" and had to check myself because it disgusted me. I got me thinking about how America turns their back on the black athlete. I can be quoted as saying "Joe Louis song and danced for white America" maybe even calling him an "uncle tom" which is an oxymoron in it's self but thats another history lesson. I often compare the Brown Bomber to Ali on a social level and it really aint as different as it appears. They both did their share of entertaining only to be shunned by "white America" and Their own people alike. They both opened up doors for the future black athlete. Ali was more combative of the system and Joe more by boaring his way into it. Ali the Louisville lip and Louis the quiet giant. I realized it was just a matter of my taste for dealing with things with resistance than trying to fit in. So its unfair to criticize the latter because thats not my prefered path to a solution. Both methods got them black balled in a sport they sacrificed for. Both ended up in debt to a country they gave so much to. Just wondering did anybody share the same feelings or feel free to bash me for being blind in the first place.

A little race and no one touches it. LOL.

Comment

Working...
    X