Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigo beats Flash would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    no not really...rigo has had an extensive amateur career which allowed him to progress faster instead of learning on the job...he's also over 30 and not really that active either
    ^^^^^pretty much....

Comment

Put Jeff Fenech high on the list. He went through 3 champs in very little time.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Its obvious why
        Boxing is the biggest sport in Cuba
        Rigo is their most successful boxer

He's already a star in Cuba

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
          Well according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a "rising star" is: a person or thing that is growing quickly in popularity or importance in a particular field.

I dont believe a 32 year old fighter with 11 pro fights who doesnt speak a lick of English is anywhere near becoming a rising star in the sport of boxing in America. Just my humble opinion...
          Rigo was Pro for 3 years and yet he hasn't filled any venue! he will never be a Draw! This could be his last fight!

Comment

Pete Rademacher (Olympic Gold medalist) made his pro debut for the heavyweight title against Floyd Patterson (but lost).

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
              I can't remember someone having so much hype after just a few fights and even if they did I can't remember someone actually getting a shot at the top dog in such small amount of fights?? (11 fights total for Rigo)

Could we be looking at the NEW way boxing will be ran?? has boxing taken a page out of UFC where kats come in and a few fights later they are champions??? no longer will 25-35 fights be necessary before kats start to get shots for legitimate title in boxing??

Do you like this type of handling of a fighter????

whachugot???
              You either got it or you don't. Rigo has been moved especially fast.

Obviously amateur background weighs heavily on it, but after 10 fights you should be fighting the gatekeepers of the world. After 15 fights if all is still going well, throw 'em in with the big boys, a couple of top 10 guys.

I think 20 fights is a good mark for a title shot in today's watered down champion picture.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                You either got it or you don't. Rigo has been moved especially fast.

Obviously amateur background weighs heavily on it, but after 10 fights you should be fighting the gatekeepers of the world. After 15 fights if all is still going well, throw 'em in with the big boys, a couple of top 10 guys.

I think 20 fights is a good mark for a title shot in today's watered down champion picture.
                Im saying though they maybe moving more and more dudes on the fast track though.....like UFC does....

Comment

Fastest rising of all time is a stretch. But that's not to say that a win wouldn't be one an extremely impressive feat. He's been moved on the fast track because of his stellar amateur career.

Now 11 fights in he's up against one of the five best fighters in the world pound for pound and making $750,000 in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                    Could we be looking at the NEW way boxing will be ran?? has boxing taken a page out of UFC where kats come in and a few fights later they are champions??? no longer will 25-35 fights be necessary before kats start to get shots for legitimate title in boxing??

Do you like this type of handling of a fighter????

whachugot???
                    yeah i can see this being the future of boxing, all those double olympic champions... ah, hang on a minute...

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      Put Jeff Fenech high on the list. He went through 3 champs in very little time.
                      And he won his first IBF WT in his 6th pro fight .

Comment

Working...
                      X