Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Out of that list. That's a tough one.
    Eminem
    37.37%
    Nas
    29.29%
    Scarface
    3.03%
    Rakim
    17.17%
    KRS
    6.06%
    Hard to choose
    7.07%

Eminem no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Street Disciple View Post
      Eminem no doubt about it.
      I'm thinking Eminem but this is a hard choice. They're all great lyricist.

Comment

Clearly it's Rakim - and on this there can be no damned debate. He was LITERALLY 20 years ahead of his time.

Nas and Eminem exist as they are because of his influence.

Comment

Eminem, or Nas

Comment

It's not hard at all actually if you know your hip hop history.

Rakim is the best ever, hands down. Simply because when rating MC's you have to rate them against their era, it's almost like boxing in that regard. Rakim was two decades ahead of anything anyone was doing at the time and he is still better than most MC's even of today. I mean guys like Drake, Lil Wayne and anyone on 106 and Park sound like they are 5 years old lyrically compared to Rakim.

Second out of that group is KRS-1. He was incredible lyrically but his style wasn't about violence, drugs or women and yet he was one of the most respected MC's of all time because of his intellect on the mic.

Third out of that group is tough because historically I would put Nas over Eminem but I can't deny the impact Eminem has had on Hip Hop. Lyrically he is a beast and him and Dre made a huge change to hip hop in the modern era.

Nas was lyrically ahead of his time as well and IMO, Illmatic is a top 3 album of ALL TIME. That is as close as you get to the perfect hip hop record.

Lastly is Scarface, while I like him a lot and he was probably the most influential MC to come out of Houston, lyrically he just doesn't match up to any of the other one's you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              It's not hard at all actually if you know your hip hop history.

Rakim is the best ever, hands down. Simply because when rating MC's you have to rate them against their era, it's almost like boxing in that regard. Rakim was a decade ahead of anything anyone was doing at the time and he is still better than most MC's even of today. I mean guys like Drake, Lil Wayne and anyone on 106 and Park sound like they are 5 years old lyrically compared to Rakim.

Second is out of that group is KRS-1. He was incredible lyrically but his style wasn't about violence, drugs or women and yet he was one of the most respected MC's of all time because of his intellect on the mic.

Third out of that group is tough because historically I would put Nas over Eminem but I can't deny the impact Eminem has had on Hip Hop. Lyrically he is a beast and him and Dre made a huge change to hip hop in the modern era.

Nas was lyrically ahead of his time as well and IMO, Illmatic is a top 3 album of ALL TIME. That is as close as you get to the perfect hip hop record.

Lastly is Scarface, while I like him a lot and he was probably the most influential MC to come out of Houston, lyrically he just doesn't match up to any of the other one's you mentioned.
              My knowledgeable Mexican brother in the heezy fo' sheezy.

Comment

It's between Rakim and Nas. But if I had to choose between the two I would go with Nas just because of personal preference.

Comment

paid in full was pretty good album as well.

Comment

Can you guys post some YT links to back up your claims on that person? Their best work. I'd love to have more content to listen to.

Comment

Working...
                    X