No announcement yet.

Rumor is Stevenson only brought in 1.37M average

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
    Most people do not work on Saturday in the US.
    Well most of the people I met work on saturdays. Unless they have a specific monday-friday type of job

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      And CBS goes into what? 8-10 times as many homes as HBO? Remember the recent GGG fight on a Saturday afternoon, same time as yesterday's fight, and the reaction around here to the ratings? How people were dumping all over it, claiming that GGG could not draw fans? Considering the number of available viewers for yesterday's fight on CBS was at least 8 times the HBO viewers, should it not have done 8 times the ratings to be considered an equal success? I know that if the situation was reversed and it was GGG on free CBS people would be crapping all over his numbers claiming that he has no fans and using it as a reason for fighters like Cotto and Canelo to continue ducking him.

But for a number of people around here, Haymon is god and nothing he does should be criticized in any way. They consider that to be a capital offense.
      lol. If I'm not mistaken, you were among the cabal of folks on this site, trumpeting the Golovkin number as definitive proof of Golovkin's emerged starpower, trashing anyone who would say otherwise.

HBO has pimped the heck out of Golovkin for the last two years, trying to manufacture him into being a star.

Audience or no audience, CBS was putting on it's debut show, for an audience without a deep knowledge/history in boxing, on a Saturday afternoon, and still drew a good rating, dwarfing what "the next big thing" was able to deliver.

Comment

Working...
      X