No announcement yet.

Manny Steward Funeral Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Steward Funeral Pics

As many of you guys know, my father was a former fighter (fought some pro, but did most of his work as amateur). He was an outstanding fighter out of St.Louis and thanks to boxing, he had the chance to meet many great fighters and trainers from the past. One of the those trainers was the great Manny Steward, whom my father met when he was a teenager (I met Manny as well). That was also the time that my dad met my godfather, Milton McCrory and a host of other guys from Kronk gym. Guys like Hilmer Kenty, Stevie McCrory (RIP), Tommy Hearns, and the list goes on. My dad went up to Detroit for Mannys funeral. He took a pictures with a bunch of people and I wanted to share them with everyone. He said he had a great time with all of the old guys, and he kept bragging about how Aretha Franklin hugged and kissed him. Sad that the service for Manny was a great one and that he will be missed. Anyways, thought you guys would appreciate these.

Evander

AP

Milton McCrory (godfather) -left
    Floyd Favors (like an uncle to me) - middle
    Vincent Webb (dad)- right

Aretha Franklin

SRL, Tommy

Evander, SRL

LL, SRL

LL

Comment

K Brothers...alert Freedom

K Brothers, McCrory

K Brothers, SRL

LL, Hearns, Barkley

Comment

Wow, lots of boxing loyalty in there. Still saddened by this - just crazy.

Comment

Amazing pics man.

RIP Manny

Comment

Manny

My old man, Hearns

Barkley, my old man

Breeland

Comment

It goes to show how many far and wide that Manny touched. Boxing lost it's last great Ambassador. He had a way of coming across like someone you knew personally when he spoke, like a close friend. That is a truly rare quality.
              Last edited by deanrw; 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

AP and AP

Uncle Bob

ROY!!! Alert REED AND DAZED!!

LL, Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Wow, lots of boxing loyalty in there. Still saddened by this - just crazy.
                  Absolutely, man.

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Amazing pics man.

RIP Manny
                  Thanks. RIP Manny!

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  It does to show how many far and wide that Manny touched. Boxing lost it's last great Ambassador. He had a way of coming across like someone you knew personally when he spoke, like a close friend. That is a truly rare quality.
                  You are right, man. When I met him in Vegas, it was as if I had known him forever. He was a great man and its sad to see him go. God Bless his soul.

Comment

Will post more pics later.

Comment

Working...
                    X