Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Martinez at 154 : who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Let's measure each guys strengths if they were to fight at 154.

Size: Martinez

Power: Martinez

Speed: Even

Defense: Mayweather

Endurance: Mayweather (I've seen Martinez tire but have never seen Mayweather tire)

Ring I.Q.: Mayweather

Holy crap! After measuring the intangibles maybe Mayweather does win, even though I originally gave the edge to Sergio. Sergio has nothing on Mayweather except for size and power.
    Very good post. But I disagree. If anything Floyd is the 1 slowing down. I see Floyd looking a lot more hit able than he once was. He seems to be the older fighter in boxing years to me.

Also Martinez did seem to get winded at times. But that's fighting bigger, stronger guys. You're going to use a lot of energy for that. Head to head with Floyd, I'm almost certain he'd actually be conserving lots of energy.

Comment

I voted Martinez by a clear ud. Martinez is a big 154 pounder but I am not worried about the weight weakening him. His best weight is 154 and if the Pavlic fight had not been offered him He would probably be a 154 pound champion right now. I think he is closer to his prime in spite of being older than Floyd. Martinez is hungrier than Floyd and he stays sharp by fighting often. Floyd has the edge in boxing skills but Martinez has lots of other things going for him. He is much bigger and stronger than Floyd. He hits much harder and takes a punch better than Floyd and he throws lots more punches per round. He has the good jab and left handed stance that sometimes trouble Floyd. Floyd has never faced such a combination of speed, skill, power and stamina before. Martinez would send him back to the welterweights.

Comment

Martinez by decision no doubt about it! Compared to Mayweather's previous opponents this guy is way better! He throws more puches, the way he utilize the ring is superb, has a great heart and still very very hungry. I doubt 154 would even become an issue for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          it would be close. but a healthy martinez has a great chance to KO floyd.. nice speed and good size to handle for floyd. No way in hell floyd will fight the way he fought cotto, he'd get KO bad.. he needs more movement than martinez does.
          im guessing you base this on the numerous time floyd has been knocked down in his career...

Comment

a "brave floyd "(which is oxymoron) outboxes the **** out of martinez all day everyday , 7 days a week .....but floyd is a coward so he aint gonna fight him..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              a "brave floyd "(which is oxymoron) outboxes the **** out of martinez all day everyday , 7 days a week .....but floyd is a coward so he aint gonna fight him..
              pretty much, .....

Comment

Money May all the way. He would give Martinez a boxing lesson. No doubt.

Comment

no doubt in my mind martinez sparks him out at 154. Floyd had trouble with a 154 lb oscar and that was 5 years ago. Martinez is a different animal who will eat him alive inside the boxing ring. Martinez has better footwork at this point of their careers and more power and has great speed. Martinez is a southpaw and an awkward style. And I doubt Floyd's power is enough to keep Martinez honest. Martinez beats anyone at 154 and the only guy i see giving Martinez any problems is Golovokin at 160. Other than that this guy is a piece of art right now.

This guy isnt like anyone else Floyd has fought in the past. Miguel Cotto? Sergio is faster, hits harder and does alot of crazy ****. Victor Ortiz? Get real. Shane Mosley? Old mosley who hurt Floyd in rd 2. Marquez? GTFOH!

Like the saying goes (according to floyd) "A good big guy will always beat a good little guy". Mayweather Sr has also been very vocal about this fight and has stated "its not safe" and "i dont think its a good idea". . Link here http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...r-clash--57279

So in closing Sergio knocks out Floyd in the late rounds.
                  Last edited by Ring Leader; 09-28-2012, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    oh yeah , Floyd pretty much boxed he's whole life , 43 pro bouts , but he's a coward ?? I'll never understand the way some people are thinking here ....

Comment

I have Martinez edging Money out..But this fight is a toss up and would produce fireworks at 154lbs...

Comment

Working...
                      X