Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the result may've been karma, as well. A lot of people believe Julio sr. should've lost to Meldrick Taylor and the fight should not have been stopped. We had a very similar scenerio in this fight but Sergio got the win. I'm sure if Taylor saw this fight he'd have gotten quite emotional. It was very compelling...

Comment

• Is it official that Chavez Jr. has his cheekbone and orbital bone broken and that he will need surgery? Some websites are saying that but no reliable source has confirmed it yet...

Comment

• I went to Chavez Martinez, it was an amazing night just got back to the UK today. The mexican girls were stunning to.

Comment

• Originally posted by duffgun100 View Post
          I went to Chavez Martinez, it was an amazing night just got back to the UK today. The mexican girls were stunning to.

did you get to meet any of the boxers that day?

Comment

• Appreciate all the posts and views this thread has gotten. Thanks everyone Also big thanks to the mods for stickying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by humuklot
              This was a great thread to read as a sort of build up to the fight. Thank you for posting it. I like how all the stuff in regards to this fight was posted in here, like the 24/7s and the Face Off so it wasn't all cluttered.

I'm glad the "good guy" won, Sergio proved that he doesn't belong in the ring with cab drivers like Chavez Jr. He's above that.
              I was rooting for Martinez very hard througout the build up and vocalized it on the forums pretty loud. My heart sank during the knockdown, but I was so happy he won.

I was surprised some people were upset with it, saying it was weird to have it so far out. In hingsight, I probably didn't need to put RBR in the thread title haha. I hope someone does it for all the fights we have coming up, it helps get the discussion and hype going even more.

Comment

• Good stuff fellas and it's always better that big fights like that actually end up happening, it makes me care much less who wins and loses. I was at the fight so maybe just the atmosphere, the drinking, getting to also see Martinez live, more drinking, and the closing rounds make me say that because I had a good time regardless of seeing JR getting smashed.

I thought they would duck Martinez forever so I'm just glad the fight came off and that it wasn't in Texas. I felt boxing won the fight in the ring, won at the box office, and won in legitimacy...there was a certain sort of vindication in Sergio winning which is part of what the fight was about so pretty much everyone was a winner except for JR

Comment

Working...
                X