Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge files criminal complaint against Chancelor Merkel for celebrating OBL's death.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Judge files criminal complaint against Chancelor Merkel for celebrating OBL's death.

Wow, just wow. :WTF??:

A Hamburg judge has filed a criminal complaint against Chancellor Angela Merkel for “endorsing a crime” after she stated she was “glad” that Osama bin Laden was killed by US forces…Hamburg judge Heinz Uthmann…alleges that the chancellor’s statement was nothing short of illegal, and filed a criminal complaint against Merkel midweek, the daily Hamburger Morgenpost reported Friday.
    “I am a law-abiding citizen and as a judge, sworn to justice and law,” the 54-year-old told the paper, adding that Merkel’s words were “tacky and undignified.”
    In his two-page document, Uthmann, a judge for 21 years, cites section 140 of the German Criminal Code, which forbids the “rewarding and approving” of crimes. In this case, Merkel endorsed a “homicide,” Uthmann claimed. The violation is punishable by up to three years’ imprisonment or a fine.
    “For the daughter of a Christian pastor, the comment is astonishing and at odds with the values of human dignity, charity and the rule of law,” Uthmann told the newspaper.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/.../a-761077.html

Edit: looks like I misspelled chancellor, why can't Germany have a president or prime minister like everyone else.
    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM.

Is this outlandish, unexpected, or out-of-the-norm?

The US military goes into other countries sweeps up hundreds of people, imprisons them, tortures them for years on end, and none of them have been convicted or proven guilty of anything while people here cheer them on because they aren't US "citizens".

The world is an f'ed up place.

Comment

Someone's trying to make a name for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        Someone's trying to make a name for themselves.
        As in, "Heinz Uthmann"?
        Holy fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          Is this outlandish, unexpected, or out-of-the-norm?

The US military goes into other countries sweeps up hundreds of people, imprisons them, tortures them for years on end, and none of them have been convicted or proven guilty of anything while people here cheer them on because they aren't US "citizens".

The world is an f'ed up place.
          Who knew this thread would provide you with yet another opportunity to bash America? Yes, I find the leader of the world's 4th most prosperous country having one of her own judge's going after her for the "crime" of saying she was glad the world's most wanted terrorist was dead, a bit absurd. Makes me even more grateful to be an American, in fact.
          Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-08-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Who knew this thread would provide you with yet another opportunity to bash America? Yes, I find the leader of the world's 4th most prosperous country having one of her own judge's going after her for the "crime" of saying she was glad the world's most wanted terrorist was dead, a bit absurd.
            Only Rush Limbaugh drones think bashing criminals and evil behavior equates to bashing "America"...

Of course it's absurd. It's par for the course. Again, what is surprising or shocking or "Holy S**T!" worthy?

Comment

Only Rush Limbaugh drones think bashing criminals and evil behavior equates to bashing "America"...

Of course it's absurd. It's par for the course. Again, what is surprising or shocking or "Holy S**T!" worthy?
              So now our military are all criminals?

And I've never listened to Rush Limbaugh, try again kiddo.
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-08-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

So now our military are all criminals?

Those committing those acts are criminals, yes. They are part of the US military, yes.

Or does one saying "the US Military" equate to "every single person in the US military past, present or future" because you don't have an actual point?

Comment

Those committing those acts are criminals, yes. They are part of the US military, yes.
                  Soldiers following orders are criminals? Were the members of Seal Team 6 who took out Bin Laden criminals?

Comment

Soldiers following orders are criminals?
                    If their acts are criminal, absolutely.

Following orders is the weakest minded excuse in human history.

"Sorry sir, you must be arrested"
                    "Why?"
                    "Well, you do know it's illegal to hide slaves don't you?"
                    "Yes I do. Doesn't your conscience tell you this law is wrong and should not be enforced?"
                    "Just following orders. Come with me"

Comment

Working...
                    X