No announcement yet.

Broner Canelo is gonna be like Ray Leonard Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    They are 19 pounds apart and Canelo is younger than Broner. If Broner wants to give Canelo 19 pounds he will get KOed quickly.
    In 2003, Floyd Mayweather Jr fought Sosa and N'Dou at 135.

At the same time, same year, DLH fought Campas and Mosley at 154. That's 19 pounds apart.

4 years later, Mayweather appeared at 154 and DLH was there to fight him.

Obviously, it probably won't turn out this way with Broner and Canelo. In 4 years Canelo could be either about to leave 160, or already at 168[hopefully not, I hope he becomes a career MW]. But big money could make fighters do a lot of things, Broner could move up to a catchweight of like 155-157[probably comes in weighing way less than that] and Canelo could move down 2-3 pounds from 160.

Comment

If GGG cleans 160 I see him and ward being closer to what Duran Leonard was than Broner Canelo... We still have to see if Golovkin shows to have the level to try to possibly break down ward

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Lara, Broner, Bradley, Canelo, Trout, Garcia will be the best of 2011-2020. As far as 140-160 goes.

Andre Ward will rule 168-175 and will be Fighter of the Decade during that same time span.
        Sorry but Glovokin will ko Andre Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          They are gonna be like Ray Leonard and Duran. Broner is gonna be like Leonard and Canelo is gonna be like Duran and it's gonna be the biggest boxing rivalry in history.,

Comment

At the same time, same year, DLH fought Campas and Mosley at 154. That's 19 pounds apart.

Obviously, it probably won't turn out this way with Broner and Canelo. In 4 years Canelo could be either about to leave 160, or already at 168[hopefully not, I hope he becomes a career MW]. But big money could make fighters do a lot of things, Broner could move up to a catchweight of like 155-157[probably comes in weighing way less than that] and Canelo could move down 2-3 pounds from 160.
            Stop the BS Cnelo will kill Broner hell Gamboa as long as he's not weight drain will KO Broner

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Canelo vs Froch, Kessler, Bute, all sound interesting. But in the end of those fights if he loses them uncompetitively, you'll be hearing from his fanbase[me included] "Canelo is too small for 168", and it wouldn't be a lie, or a bad excuse. I won't mention Ward or Dirrell because those are fights I think Canelo loses handily, too big, too good, too fast.
              Whoa, no need to even mention these guys man, by the time Canelo moves up to 68 these guys would be retired.

The difference is Oscar is older than Floyd so his body had stabilized at 54 while Floyd was still filling out. Broner and Canelo are the same age, they're both going to fill out over the next couple years. By the time Broner reaches 147, Canelo would most likely be a middleweight.

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Sorry but Glovokin will ko Andre Ward
              Come on man, I'm a huge GGG fan but get real, as of right now there is no reason to pick him over Ward, let alone by KO.

Comment

Working...
              X