No announcement yet.

Michael Owen and Peter Crouch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegeta View Post
    You agree with the greeseball leaving out England's best goal scorer?
    Yeah, I would go with the form players, Owen only plays 3 games a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamboboy View Post
      Yeah, I would go with the form players, Owen only plays 3 games a year.
      Owen hasn't gone 4 games without scoring a goal.

Comment

Owen hasn't gone 4 games without scoring a goal.
        That's great but the bulk of those were scored ten years ago. No doubt he is a great goalscorer, but it is well documented that he needs games to get to his peak fitness level. He hasn't had enough games lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamboboy View Post
          I can't believe the **** is still playing Beckham.
          Me neither, he used to be able to get to approx 10 yards from the by line before he crossed which made it difficult for the defenders to judge the flight, now he cross from 35 yards out and the centre backs can just head them away. Great servant but time for a change.

England's problem is that they play with a combination of four out of these: Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Beckham, Cole, Hargreaves and Carrick in the midfield(Couple of others) but each of these players wants the ball all of the time so we end up with all four midfielders within 15 yards of the centre circle.
          Then we add Rooney into the mix who cannot decide if he is a striker or midfielder and he wants the ball so we then have five players in a narrow area.
          This isolates the lone forward and gives us no width or penetration.
          Too many primadonna's.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
            Me neither, he used to be able to get to approx 10 yards from the by line before he crossed which made it difficult for the defenders to judge the flight, now he cross from 35 yards out and the centre backs can just head them away. Great servant but time for a change.

England's problem is that they play with a combination of four out of these: Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Beckham, Cole, Hargreaves and Carrick in the midfield(Couple of others) but each of these players wants the ball all of the time so we end up with all four midfielders within 15 yards of the centre circle.
            Then we add Rooney into the mix who cannot decide if he is a striker or midfielder and he wants the ball so we then have five players in a narrow area.
            This isolates the lone forward and gives us no width or penetration.
            Too many primadonna's.
            My team would be ( on current form)

Defoe Crouch

J. cole Gerrard Barry Agonlahor

A. Cole Terry Rio Brown

Jameson

Comment

The only strikers who can score for England have been dropped? That stupid ****ing greaseball needs the sack. No World Cup for England in 2010.
              i have to agree with you about not picking Owen id rather pick an Michael Owen who has questionable fitness levels at the monement rather than a guy like Defoe who keeps fluffing chances upfront for England and a guy who has never scored more than 15 premier league goals in one season

we are going to get spanked by Croatia

has Jermain ****ing Jenas done to get in the side he is ****ing ****e
              Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 09-01-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I've followed united for the last 2/3 seasons as an impartial/slightly biased fan and have to say rooney is miles overratted. Tevez is far superior.

oh and Petey crouch is quality.

Comment

Working...
                X