Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Promotions future after Mayweather retires. Read more...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
    Boxing is way bigger than any fighter there is, so the sport will continue and will prosper without Mayweather and Pacquiao. GBP and TR will still be here and both will continue making money.
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Those names can't make 1MM PPV's fights.
    Totally agree. I'm just asking which one will have the better near future. Considering that in both stables you can't find a great PPV attraction.

Comment

Declares the Golden Boy stable lacking in potential stars, then cites Mikey Garcia and Bradley as having superstar potential. I would expect nothing less from the guy who thought Donaire beat Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Declares the Golden Boy stable lacking in potential stars, then cites Mikey Garcia and Bradley as having superstar potential. I would expect nothing less from the guy who thought Donaire beat Rigo
        Can you show me where I said the bold part? I'll be waiting.

And yes.. I was rooting for Donaire. And if they fight again I'll root for him again. Is that a problem?

Comment

He has to beat angulo, and to that will take years off of him . Plus there is lara and molina , style nightmares .

Canelo will be another solid cotto

Comment

GBP is in the business of putting up stacked cards. They have the $$ and talent to do so and i wish them the best.

Sports are the only industry where you want a monopoly for the sake of the sport itself. UFC with the MMA is a prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              GBP is in the business of putting up stacked cards. They have the $$ and talent to do so and i wish them the best.

Sports are the only industry where you want a monopoly for the sake of the sport itself. UFC with the MMA is a prime example.
              Agree. Too many promoters and too many belts.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                I've been thinking about the future of GBP after Mayweather retires. You must realize that Mayweather is the main focus of Showtime and GBP is getting some good benefits from this. BUT, when you check on GBP stable, it lacks of superstar caliber. There are great fighters like Lara, Matthysse, Maidana, Danny Garcia, Angulo and Canelo (not a great fighter, but good financially)...but those names can't make 1MM PPV's fights.

TopRank is making a great work around Mikey Garcia and is doing a good job with Bradley.

On the other hand, in GB stable you'll find more options than in TR stable, so you can see this from many ways.

I want to see your opinions of what you think is going to happen with GBP and TR after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires. Which one might have the better near future.
                Lulz What an accurate list for Top Rank

Garcia
                Bradley
                Rigondeaux
                Chavez
                Donaire
                Gradovich (IBF Champion 126)
                Allakhverdiev (WBA title 140)
                Rios
                Alverado
                Shafikov (fights this weekend for IBF title at 135)

Prospects
                Lomachenko (could be huge in 2 weeks if he beats Salido to become Champion)
                Verdejo (Puerto Rican fan base)
                Valdez
                Ramirez
                Mekhontsev
                Murata

Comment

I actually can't wait till manny, and Floyd retire.. Great talents but kinda have the boxing world hijacked...
                  Once they gone their won't be another PPv star in North America, which will force promoters to have more stacked cards, minus a big headliner, instead of big headliner in a cherry pick with bad undercard

Comment

Golden Boy has Adrien Broner...

Comment

Canelo and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. have the most potential to be the biggest PPV draws after Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao, Marquez, and Cotto retire within the next 2 years.

I think Canelo/Cotto, Canelo/Martinez, and Canelo/Mayweather II are possible before those guys retire. Those are all huge PPVs. Potential PPV opponents for Canelo in the future: Kirkland, Lara, Andrade, Charlo Brothers, guys that would move up from 147 like Thurman, Maidana, Porter, Broner, guys like Quillin and Golovkin if Canelo moved up to 160.

For Chavez Jr. there's Froch and Ward at 168, Golovkin if he moves up to 168, Pascal, Stevenson, and Kovalev if Chavez Jr. moves up to 175.

And I'm just saying those fights have the POTENTIAL to be PPVs, not that they should be or would be.

Two PPVs I would love to see are Canelo vs. Bradley at 154 and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins at 173 Catchweight or 175. Cold War though.

Other guys that I think have some PPV potential are D. Garcia, M. Garcia, Golovkin, Broner and Khan if their chins don't keep failing them, and maybe Thurman. I don't think Bradley has much potential as a PPV A-Side, or Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X