Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Pongsaklek Wonjongkam Rated P4P #7 By The Ring Ratings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Pongsaklek Wonjongkam Rated P4P #7 By The Ring Ratings?

I don't know to much about him but I see that his last 3 opponents have a combined record of 2 wins 7 losses and NO that wasn't a typo! I see that he beat Koki Kameda but I don't see anything else to impressive. Look at his record and someone explain this to me.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4051&cat=boxer

lol 2 wins and 7 losses? and thats combining 3 opponents?
    nothing more need be said. thats crap

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post

Dude you do realize he makes nowhere near the money that other top fighters make in other divisions. The guy takes those fights to feed his family. It's work for him nothing more. Plus he's already fought the top guys in his division likea million fuking times. 50 years ago these types of fights were common place even for world champions.

Comment

well for one he had 17 title defenses of his title, lost it, regained it and hasn't lost since. At one point he won 55 fights in a row.

He beat Daisuke Naito, by KO, twice, who was/is a solid fighter, then lost to him then had a draw. After he beat Koki Kameda, which is obviously a solid win.

A lot of those thai fighters they fight A LOT in thailand cuz that's how they eat. So if you see a lot of 0-3 guys or whatever it's because they need to put food on the table.

another thing is often some of those thai fighters are better than there records indicate because boxrec may not have all of the data. There are quite a few thai fighters who may be listed on boxrec as being 1-2 but in fact have well over 50 fights. Some of them are kick boxers as well. It's crazy over there

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
          those are just stay busy fights, who cares if he beats up bum in the meantime. its not like hes pretending that theyre title defenses.

Wonj was a pretty good fighter once upon a time, and does have a win over Kameda. but his best days are behind him and he hasnt fought good competition in a while, so...I dont really get why hes on there either.

just goes to show how shallow todays boxing world is.

Comment

It's all in the name. He's got the star quality to draw big numbers to the sport.

Comment

Have you looked at how much time there was between those recent fights?

Months, mere months.He is having those fights to stay busy, thats all.

Wonjongkam has deserved to be in the Top 10 P4P list for a while now.

He earned his way into there, being the Lineal Champion at Flyweight and has defended his title against top oppenets.

He thoroughly deserves to be there. He JUST got in there, after a long long time.

Shame he is on the slide at the time he finally gets recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                those are just stay busy fights, who cares if he beats up bum in the meantime. its not like hes pretending that theyre title defenses.

Wonj was a pretty good fighter once upon a time, and does have a win over Kameda. but his best days are behind him and he hasnt fought good competition in a while, so...I dont really get why hes on there either.

He just beat Koki Kameda in 2010, and that's exactly when The Ring placed him in the top 10.

He was also in the top ten in 2006, then lost his fight.

Comment

I've never seen him fight, but here is my reasoning for the ranking even though his last three opponents were 2-7. The guy is the champion and since his last defense has has 3 bouts in 2-1/2 months, nothing but keeping sharp fights until something rolls around. The guys 80-3 and seems to rule the division...........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post

He got in the list by beating Kameda which was just over a year ago. Since then he has defended his title once which was late last year.

That's why he is still in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X