Felix Trinidad vs Pipino Cuevas @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix Trinidad vs Pipino Cuevas @ 147

Felix Trinidad vs Pipino Cuevas @ 147?

I don't know who would win this, but if I had to pick it's probably gonna be Trinidad.

Originally posted by katsidis View Post

I don't know who would win this, but if I had to pick it's probably gonna be Trinidad.
    Trinidad. He was just a lot better than Cuevas. Cuevas was a huge puncher though.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      Trinidad. He was just a lot better than Cuevas. Cuevas was a huge puncher though.
      I agree Trinidad better in nearly every department than Cuevas apart from power.

Comment

i would say Cuevas simply because i have never seen what the hype was about Trinidad so i was never a fan of his. he beat a `shot` Pernell Whitaker and a couple of over the hill fighters, i had him losing to DeLaHoya and won a few quid betting Winky & Bhop would beat him... Trinidad may well have beat Cuevas but then again he may well have come unstuck against him.

Comment

As hard a these two hit it could go either way. But Trinidad had the faster hands and the sharper combinations, so I'd likely pick him. Sure don't see this fight going the distance though.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post

I could see both hitting the canvas but Trinidad seemed to recover better than Cuevas when hurt. So my pick is Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Wtf? What are you basing this on? Cuevas' fight with Tommy Hearns?

He was a huge puncher and he was accurate as any and fought very aggressively.

I also do not agree with the poster who claims Tito had faster hands and sharper combination's. They were both very good fighters but Cuevas was more aggressive and I think that would be the difference maker in this fight.

Cuevas by TKO.

Comment

Exciting fight while it lasts. One reason these two stick out in my memory having watched them both come up was that they were, in many ways their better contemporaries were not, rather limited. However, you admired them for their supreme entertainment value. There is probably not too much between them, but Trinidad, for mine, recovered better, had an even bigger heart, & great conditioning. Cuevas hit harder & his hands were no slower, in my mind.

I pick Trinidad in a rock 'em, sock 'em slugfest listed on any highlight reel worth its salt. Great battle, but Trinidad was supremely determined, & it would be the difference in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  As hard a these two hit it could go either way. But Trinidad had the faster hands and the sharper combinations, so I'd likely pick him. Sure don't see this fight going the distance though.
                  LOL Scott that reminds me of an old interview I watched with Tommy Hearns before he fought Cuevas. They asked him if it was going the distance and he said "No!" "uh uh!"

Comment

Cuevas was the same **** Campas was! TRINIDAD KO'S Cuevas worse than what he did to Yori Boy!!!! Now Campas vs Cuevas would of been HUGE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X