Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can enjoy boxers that arent brawlers, but I just cant enjoy watching ward's holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of yall are forgetting the way boxing was back in the days where wrestling was allowed. Ward is a real throwback, old school he studies tape from the 1800s, a real student of the game.

I think he is the only fighter today that can compete under London Prize fight rules

Golovkin as well, he is a student of the game who is old school. If you look 3 mins into the video you can see him wrestling.

Last edited by DosRounds; 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM. Reason: Add Golovkin too

Comment

Keep doing what you do Ward. It has helped you win a Gold Medal and become pfp #2 in the world behind Floyd.

Comment

I can't believe people think Ward is that boring. Even counting out the Wlad fans who hate on Ward just because he's black and the bitter Froch and Kessler fans, there are a lot of people who seem to think Ward is horrible to watch.

I don't understand it. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters to watch. There were maybe 4 bad rounds in the Rodriguez fight, of which Edwin deserved at least half the blame, and the rest of the fight was a masterful boxing performance where Ward was unleashing combos and beating the hell out of the man.

Besides Kessler, so much of the dirty play and clinching in Ward fans are every bit his opponent's fault as it is Ward's. Ward is a terrific infighter, he doesn't jump in looking to clinch, he jumps in looking to muscle and fight. It's not his fault his opponents don't have any defense for it.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 11-18-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          People ***** about Wlad's holding, but defend Ward's. LOL.

Exactly, fukin' hypocrites! You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I can't believe people think Ward is that boring. Even counting out the Wlad fans who hate on Ward just because he's black and the bitter Froch and Kessler fans, there are a lot of people who seem to think Ward is horrible to watch.

I don't understand it. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters to watch. There were maybe 4 bad rounds in the Rodriguez fight, of which Edwin deserved at least half the blame, and the rest of the fight was a masterful boxing performance where Ward was unleashing combos and beating the hell out of the man.
            He's a thinking mans fighter too. I loved when he threw two jabs to the body, feinted another one then landed a stiff jab to the head. He beats everyone put infront of him so you gotta love him for that

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              Exactly, fukin' hypocrites! You can't have it both ways.
              Nothing hypocritical about it. They do not fight even remotely the same. Wlad clinches any time someone gets within jab's reach because he has no inside game and is scared to get hit. Ward actively tries to fight inside, it's not his fault no one else can match him there.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Besides Kessler, so much of the dirty play and clinching in Ward fans are every bit his opponent's fault as it is Ward's. Ward is a terrific infighter, he doesn't jump in looking to clinch, he jumps in looking to muscle and fight. It's not his fault his opponents don't have any defense for it.
                unfortunately, the holding has taken away from Ward's brilliant performance coming off such a long layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  unfortunately, the holding has taken away from Ward's brilliant performance coming off such a long layoff.

Comment

The holding in this fight was mostly initiated by Rodriguez who didn't have a clue what to do with Ward.

When Edwin wasn't hugging him Andre was landing some sizzling left hooks and combos. This could be seen more clearly once the ref took points away to get control of the fight.

Comment

I enjoyed the fight. Ward hasn't been holding much at all in his last few fights. Also Edwin was initiating 90% of the holding and foul play in that fight. Ward was blasting him with clean punches all fight. But to each his own.

I will admit though, Ward like Hopkins has had some crappy fights that piss you off....

Comment

Working...
                      X