No announcement yet.

what to do if you cant get to a gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do if you cant get to a gym?

i moved down to gainesville in may and since then i have not been able to afford to go to a boxing gym, im hoping soon i will be able to, but what would you suggest if you couldnt afford to go to a gym, im still extermly motvated and want to box so bad, any suggestions? and going to a boxing gym is just not in my budget right now

Search out an active or retired trainer! Theres no trainer that will deny a young person help in setting up a good routine to suit your needs. You could meet with them once a week or twice a week and have "homework" to study and work on at home. The base equipment for home use a 3/4 length mirror and you can make a swinging bag easily. You don't need very much equipment to train with in boxing. All of your weight training in the beginning should be utilizing your body weight and shadow boxing is as important as sparring at the very beginning. Shadowing is correct flaws and adjusting techniques by viewing your style in the mirror. Making sure feet are correct and elbows are down by your sides and chin and hands are in their proper places.
    Search out who you need, their gonna help you. Ray Corso

Comment

thanks i never even thought of that lol i will look into that thanks for the advice

Comment

im currently injured badly with a slipped disc and recovering ACL, so even with a gym around corner im in a similar situation. i do my physio and then shadow boxing with .5kg hand weights, skipping, as much as i can at home whilst wearing a waist band type thing which supports my lower back and burns weight too. the sauna suit will soon be back on when i build up to 25 mins on the bike. invest in some home gear, youll need it when you're at the gym too. its cheap around here, dunno about u guys but we get plenty of made in PRC!

11 years ago before i went boxing full time, i sue to do muaythai. to improve boxing skills i fished out online tutorials. there are plenty on youtube. also watch b-hop videos from here and practice in a mirror, for upto 2 hours a day. i use to do that and it made my technique inch perfect, and i fed a few people knuckle sangmiches!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Search out an active or retired trainer! Theres no trainer that will deny a young person help in setting up a good routine to suit your needs. You could meet with them once a week or twice a week and have "homework" to study and work on at home. The base equipment for home use a 3/4 length mirror and you can make a swinging bag easily. You don't need very much equipment to train with in boxing. All of your weight training in the beginning should be utilizing your body weight and shadow boxing is as important as sparring at the very beginning. Shadowing is correct flaws and adjusting techniques by viewing your style in the mirror. Making sure feet are correct and elbows are down by your sides and chin and hands are in their proper places.
          Search out who you need, their gonna help you. Ray Corso
          didnt skim this properly when i posted, but spot on! great minds think alike i guess =D

like i said if you are new then the mirror is the best tool, with or without the hand weights. im going into coaching now, so for me conditioning is more important so i do it with hand weights throughout. try to do 3-4 rounds with hand weights then do some more without, your shoulders will feel lighter and you'll loosen up! you can become electrifying like this. you can make hand weights out of a steel rod cut into peices then taped up with insulation/duct tape. many gyms in south yorkshire do that instead of purchasing fancy handweights. makeshift items will also suffice if they are at least .5kg and no more than 1kg each if ur a HW. really .5kg is the best. if it is that light u can do a whole workout and it wont slow u down. i do my last 5 mins without and even now i feel a bit snappy. im really hoping injections surgery sorts the disc out again so i can inflict some retribution on ppl lol

Comment

how would i go about finding a trainer, ive googled it but cant find any info on trainers here in gainesville

Comment

Google Boxing gyms and just get a hold of a trainer who could stear you in the right direction.
              Another chance is to call the states commisionors office who liscences boxing and wrestling shows. They should know trainers or gyms in your area that they have dealt with on shows.
              Another chance is to google boxing promotion companies in northern florida (or Florida) and talk with a promotor as to trainers avalible near you too.
              Boxing people will always lend a hand to anyone inquiring about facilities and instruction. You never know when the next Ali is showing up! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by flagrl View Post
                how would i go about finding a trainer, ive googled it but cant find any info on trainers here in gainesville
                Contact the local police and firedepartments as well. Or those of a suburb. They may have someone that works with them, or they'll know someone. Cops tend to pay attention to who's training fighters.

Comment

I don't know what your ride situation is but Gainesville is kinda the boonies. You might have to head to Jacksonville to find a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by flagrl View Post
                    i moved down to gainesville in may and since then i have not been able to afford to go to a boxing gym, im hoping soon i will be able to, but what would you suggest if you couldnt afford to go to a gym, im still extermly motvated and want to box so bad, any suggestions? and going to a boxing gym is just not in my budget right now
                    Go to Millionstylesboksing on youtube. There are a ton of outdoor workouts

Comment

Working...
                    X