Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Floyd Mayweather claims he's greater than Ali. Does he really belive it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Floyd Mayweather claims he's greater than Ali. Does he really belive it?

The great Floyd Mayweather Jr. My fourth favorite fighter behind Lennox Lewis and the KBROS. Often claim that he is much greater then Ali on numerous shows and radios.

Throughout the years on various shows like
    the Jim Rome Show and Espn Radio LA Floyd made numerous comments regarding Ali.

'BASED ON PAY PER VIEW NUMBAS I'm #1 stats don't lie stats dont lie stats dont lie

' Ali loses to Ken Norton 3 times I'm #1, I never lost'

'What' so great about Ali' laying on the ropes and taking punishment'

' What's so great about Joe Frazier and Ken Norton and Foreman compared to today's fighters? whats so great about them. I beat guys just like them'

' Stats dont lie and stats say Im #1'

' Ali losted to Leon Spinks'

I for one think that Floyd was just pissed off at Jim Rome that day and said those things to irriate the **** out of Jim Rome and didn't honestly believe it.

Sadly Jim Rome's boxing knowledge and IQ is slightly lower then zero so he can't defend Ali in a proper manner.

Floyd's a really smart guy and I just don't think someone with his IQ honestly believes he's the greatest boxer of all times.
    Yes he is delusional and believes he is the greatest
    50.00%
    No He is just promoting his image, acting ****y and trying to piss people off.
    50.00%

Does he believe he's greater than Ali? Of course he does.

I imagine the majority of fighters who have dedicated their entire lives to one specific thing along with the great things he's done in the sport believes he's the best to ever do it.

Nothing wrong with him thinking that. It's not surprising.

He's wrong though, obviously.

Comment

If he believes that, there's no problem with that. That's just his opinion. Is his opinion wrong? IMO yes.

Comment

Depends what, at being a coward yes. Ali and him are on the opposite ends of the spectrum on that one.

Comment

He said he's better then Ali, not greater. Mayweather being better then Ali is a very reasonable assumption.

Comment

Thats when you know he is an idiot. If he or anyone believes that they need serious mental help!

Comment

He thinks he is..but he is wrong.

Comment

hes a boxer and a great fighter.why would he say another man is greater than him?

Comment

It depends on how you define greatest.

If by greatest you mean the most best/most skilled fighter then yes Floyd is greater than Ali. I can't be bothered going into details, all I'll say is that it's well known that Ali was far from technically perfect and was able to get away with things because of his speed/athleticism. Mayweather, on the other hand, is technically the most flawless fighter in the history of boxing, and with the exception of when he fought with an injured shoulder against Castillo he has never been close to losing a fight.

However, if by greatest you mean who has accomplished more, then Ali is undoubtedly greater than Mayweather. Ali presided over the strongest heavyweight division in history, and faced tougher competition in the likes of Frazier, Foreman and Norton. Although Mayweather, whether people like it or not, has faced the best competition available to him, his resume doesn't compare to the likes of Ali. Like Roy Jones jr, Floyd has been limited by the strength of the division he competes in, and is so superior to his closest competitors that no matter what fight he takes it will always appear to be a "cherry pick" to casual fans.

To summarise, I break down the question of "the greatest" like this.

Most skilled of all time: Mayweather.
                  Most accomplished of all time: Ali.

Comment

he's so great he dont want to fight a midget

Comment

Working...
                    X