Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home from the front lines.....Q&A with the Chief about Afghanistan!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Home from the front lines.....Q&A with the Chief about Afghanistan!!!!

I've been doin my best since being deployed to Afghanistan to keep up with the news and opinions of others in regards to what ya'll think is goin on out there, and what is being reported as news/facts of the what is goin on in theater. So I told a few posters that I would do a Q&A thread once I returned home for R&R. There are alot of good things being done in Afghanistan that unfortunately is not being covered widespread by the media. And alot horrible things that again are not being covered by the media(local or international).

So this thread is for you to post your questions(or offer your opinions, which will be subject to Rebuttal)about whats goin on over there in Afghanistan, and If I know personally(meaning was there or know someone who was there), I will answer(if it's not deemed sensitive info).

All I ask is that you do your very best to be respectful(as I will do the same).

Let the Questions Begin.
    Last edited by Chief2ndzOnly!; 02-08-2012, 09:05 AM.

what do you do when your not on duty out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      I've been doin my best since being deployed to Afghanistan to keep up with the news and opinions of others in regards to what ya'll think is goin on out there, and what is being reported as news/facts of the what is goin on in theater. So I told a few posters that I would do a Q&A thread once I returned home for R&R. There are alot of good things being done in Afghanistan that unfortunately is not being covered widespread by the media. And alot horrible things that again are not being covered by the media(local or international).

So this thread is for you to post your questions(or offer your opinions, which will be subject to rebuttle)about whats goin on over there in Afghanistan, and If I know personally(meaning was there or know someone who was there), I will answer(if it's not deemed sensitive info).

All I ask is that you do your very best to be respectful(as I will do the same).

Let the Questions Begin.
      "Rebuttal".

Glad you're back safe and sound.

Comment

Have you gotten some Afghani panocha?

Just joking, I don't know if you have said this before but what branch of the military are you in and wtf do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
          what do you do when your not on duty out there?
          I'm active duty Kats my man, so before I was in AFG I worked at a research institute doing a variety of things. But my main charge was to ensure my scientists had what ever they needed to conduct their research efforts. Coordinate worldwide travel, purchase equipment, allocate funds for contracts(equipment and personel), so on and so forth. Train, help, and mentor my junior Soldiers who indeed are working as techs along side the scientists, looking for cures or vaccines on endemic diseases worldwide.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          "Rebuttal".

Glad you're back safe and sound.
          Thanks Squeal. I shoulda proof read it before hittin submit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Have you gotten some Afghani panocha?

Just joking, I don't know if you have said this before but what branch of the military are you in and wtf do you do?
            Whats goin on Cuauht? Im in the Army. And my functional occupation skill is a Laboratory Technician. In Afghanistan, I operated as that and then some(Medic, X-Ray Tech, ect....).

No Afghan snatch for ya potna.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              I'm active duty Kats my man, so before I was in AFG I worked at a research institute doing a variety of things. But my main charge was to ensure my scientists had what ever they needed to conduct their research efforts. Coordinate worldwide travel, purchase equipment, allocate funds for contracts(equipment and personel), so on and so forth. Train, help, and mentor my junior Soldiers who indeed are working as techs along side the scientists, looking for cures or vaccines on endemic diseases worldwide.
              Nah i mean you cant be patrolling (or whatever you do) all day long in AFG, you probably get some time to yourself, what do you do then? :wank: ?

Comment

would you ever recreationally visit a Muslim country after what you went through in Afghanistan?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  would you ever recreationally visit a Muslim country after what you went through in Afghanistan?
                  I don't think that you can necessarily denote a country as a "muslim country" as though "muslim countries" are ****geneous. Compare Turkey to Syria say, or Indonesia to Qatar. It's a bit like saying "After you went to Uganda would you go to another Christian country?"

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
                    Nah i mean you cant be patrolling (or whatever you do) all day long in AFG, you probably get some time to yourself, what do you do then? :wank: ?
                    When I had down time. I tried keepin up with you all here(Lounge and NSB), the news, and skype the Wife. Lift weights(till they almost blew up the gym a few times then I cut down on that drastically ).

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Probably not Maniac mah homie. I dont want to leave the US again after I come back home for good, unless its to hit the VI on vaca with the Wife.

Comment

Working...
                    X