Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is like the "averag" height of someone at 165?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i nkow what im doing and i know what im getting into...

i was just asking how tall the guys generally are in 165 and 78 divisions...

Comment

im 165 and im 5'11 and i think i could even move down to 152 with a little more hard work, ive seen guys 6'1-6'2 that fight 152

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
        im 165 and im 5'11 and i think i could even move down to 152 with a little more hard work, ive seen guys 6'1-6'2 that fight 152
        We had a kid who was gonna compete at 132lbs who was 6'0 he was solid too with a good base, but idk what happened to him, he was gonna be a threat had he stuck with it..

Comment

ill see what i can get down to then....

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            ill see what i can get down to then....
            I recommend the lowest you can get without sacrificing too much power, and having stamina to spar atleast 6x3min rounds with 2 sparring partners, if you can manage that, keep power, stamina, and your speed it's where you need to be..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
              I recommend the lowest you can get without sacrificing too much power, and having stamina to spar atleast 6x3min rounds with 2 sparring partners, if you can manage that, keep power, stamina, and your speed it's where you need to be..
              sounds like a soid plan....

is there a light midleweight division?

Comment

Nah bro its 178, 165, 152, 147 etc etc.

Dont overthink it my man, I dont really worry about the weight its just the amateurs. its not like you got guys cutting down to 165/152 or whatever you are and then blowing up to 180s for the fight or anything. its the ammys man, your reach and everything blah blah, just be comfortable and relaxed and youll be fine a couple inches here or there doesnt mean that much your main thing is just to get that ring experience.

also its worth noting that (at least here in america) if you can get below 152 you only use 10oz gloves, but 165 and up use 12oz. UNLESS your planning on boxing collegiately in which every weight class uses 12oz, even the small ones

Comment

thanks man ^^^

Comment

5'7 here, moving up to 160. I have decent reach, speed, and stamina so should be good.

I'm pretty sure I can pack a decent punch. Was sparring with some guy who was 5'10, around 160, and floored him with a single shot. was impressed with myself!
                    Last edited by Uturn; 09-01-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X