No announcement yet.

13 Days Until Klitschko-Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    If Povetkin was cautious against a fat, slow Rahman you can believe he'll be even more cautious against Wlad. The first couple of rounds will start out slow with lots of jabs until Wlad feels comfortable dropping the right hand. By the fourth round Wlad will have found his range and be comfortable enough throwing the right more often and leaning on Sasha to wear him out. By the seventh or eighth Povetkin will be feeling the effects of this and start getting desperate leaving himself more open. By the ninth or tenth his corner will have stopped it between rounds or he'll be tko'd. This will not be a difficult fight for Wlad and it won't be exciting either. But it will be a good win for him to have on his record.
    I appreciate the breakdown and agree with it all the way. Povetkin is intelligent and puts his punches together nicely, but I don't see him being able to land anything on Wladimir. The reach isn't there, and while everyone thinks they're going to be able to get through and work on the inside, come fight night it's a completely different story.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      I appreciate the breakdown and agree with it all the way. Povetkin is intelligent and puts his punches together nicely, but I don't see him being able to land anything on Wladimir. The reach isn't there, and while everyone thinks they're going to be able to get through and work on the inside, come fight night it's a completely different story.
      I agree with Cliff that Sasha is one of if not best inside fighter today at heavyweight. Unfortunately that isn't saying much and I really don't think he possesses the skills nor determination to get inside of Wlads jab. Someone mentioned its his intention to get underneath Wlads jab. While I don't think that's a bad strategy it will be an exhausting and difficult one where Povetkin will need to work the body with 2 or 3 punches every time before Wlad wraps him up and leans un him. I just don't see it happening. Its going to tale a lot more intelligent or talented fighter than Povetkin to beat Wlad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Haye can't fight going forward, can't fight on the inside and isn't a combination puncher. Basically the opposite of Povetkin who is the best inside fighter in the division and possibly the best combination puncher.

You're not alone Cliff some of these bozos either don't know what they're watching or hate Povetkin too much to be objective. The Huck fight was an aberration that horrible conditioning and a brawler opponent can make happen (Soliman-Winky, Mayorga-Forrest). Povetkin uses a terrific variety of feints, angle changes, level changes and head movement all of which make him more capable than any Wlad opponent to date of getting inside. I do expect Sasha to make it a entertaining fight and land on Wlad more than we've seen in a long time.
        Huck was also completely different than most of Heavyweight. He's quick and fights at what used to be a more standard Heavy pace. More top Cruisers should be at Heavy. The K's are the only reason not to be. Most "Super" Heavys aren't so super at all.

A lot will come down to shape and mindset. If Povetkin is in in shape, and he thinks he can win, we have at least a fun fight. I mean, when he was coming up, he looked like a comer. His deceleration fairly decreased interest but he has gotten better, against lesser fare like Wawrzyk to be sure, at slipping etc.

We will see. My interest is way up. At the least this could be one of Wlad's best fights since Brock, an underrated win where the challenger showed up to try and win and forced the best out of the champ.

Comment

Not sure if it will be exciting because both fighters will fight cautiously but it is one of the best heavyweight matchups in recent history. Too bad EPIX won't be airing it.

Comment

Povetkin's dome was like a magnet for Eddie Chambers straight right-behind the jab in the 1st half of this fight. Povetkin is way to easy to feint and lure into big right hands.

If Wlad gets active early with the 1-2's... he won't be able to miss. And it should be lights out by no later than 6. If Wlad takes the conservative approach and butters him up with the jab with a 1-2 & straight right mixed in here & there... corner/ref stoppage in the 9th.

Comment

- Will Povetkin have the confidence?
              - Will Povetkin have the stamina to go 12 rounds with Klitschko?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                Jab + Grab x 12 = Wlad UD.
                You, you're good.

Comment

Working...
                X