Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I'll add a little more. I understand Salido's plan is to apply pressure but early in the fight he should apply it smartly. If GarcÃ*a really hits as hard as they say he should go smart about applying his pressure and wait for GarcÃ*a to lose some steam in his shots. Take his ass into deep waters and drown him for good. After all, Salido does grow bigger as the fight goes on. That's one of his signature things.

Good points. Mikey's power is very good, but even though he's got a high KO percentage, I don't see him as an exceptionally powerful puncher. JuanMa punches harder, IMO. Garcia is a very smart, methodical, well-trained fighter. He picks his spots. Tomorrow night, he'll be swarmed by a guy that's taken shots at least as hard as he's capable of delivering...and survived. Will Mikey be able to continuously land on Salido? It's going to take more than one shot to put "Siri" out.
    I was just gonna get into this topic, Garcia's power. How hard does he really hit? I think it's fair to question his power. Who has he really KOed? Barros? That's cool. Something Gamboa couldn't do but let's face it, Barros was coming off a 12 rounder while Garcia's fight was 1 round or 2? Tomorrow he will have the chance to answer questions about his chin and power.

Something else I wanna point out. I'm pretty sure Salido knows he has to win by KO. No way TR protected Garcia for this long just to let Salido ruin another one of their fighters. Winning the rounds decisively its not enough, we saw what happened with Abril. He has to get the KO or plenty of KDs.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I was just gonna get into this topic, Garcia's power. How hard does he really hit? I think it's fair to question his power. Who has he really KOed? Barros? That's cool. Something Gamboa couldn't do but let's face it, Barros was coming off a 12 rounder while Garcia's fight was 1 round or 2? Tomorrow he will have the chance to answer questions about his chin and power.

Something else I wanna point out. I'm pretty sure Salido knows he has to win by KO. No way TR protected Garcia for this long just to let Salido ruin another one of their fighters. Winning the rounds decisively its not enough, we saw what happened with Abril. He has to get the KO or plenty of KDs.
      Hard to tell exactly how hard Garcia hits. Like you said, we'll find out more tomorrow night. I think Mikey hits pretty hard, just not extraordinarily so. He punches hard enough to hurt anyone in the division, I'd say.

With the way the sport works, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a decision for either fighter, to be honest. Pac got robbed for Bradley, of all people. How did that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
        Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Hard to tell exactly how hard Garcia hits. Like you said, we'll find out more tomorrow night. I think Mikey hits pretty hard, just not extraordinarily so. He punches hard enough to hurt anyone in the division, I'd say.

With the way the sport works, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a decision for either fighter, to be honest. Pac got robbed for Bradley, of all people. How did that make sense?
        I see where you're getting at . I'm sure Garcia hits hard but how hard is the real question.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
        X