Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think overtime/sudden death rounds could be useful in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think overtime/sudden death rounds could be useful in boxing?

First, I'd like to give Leohappy credit for inspiring this thread.

Do you think overtime or sudden death rounds could be useful in boxing.

What overtime/sudden death format do you think would best serve boxing?

Keep that in Basketball, Super Smash Bros., Call of Duty multiplayer games, Baseball's extra innings, etc.

Boxing cannot implement that. It's the only sport where the purpose is to actually inflict pain on another opponent. Boxing is a violent sport as it is, to force fighters to fight one more round when they could be on the verge of fading (having completed the pre-established rounds) is just pushing it.

Comment

i'm all for an extra round in any fight that ends in a draw

Comment

Sudden death rounds?

Comment

i think they should allow an extension of 3 rounds if BOTH corners agreed to it.
          very simple reason: boxers are well conditioned nowadays, and some fights end up being close. if both corners weren't sure of the outcome, give it another 3 rounds (maybe 2 minute rounds).
          fights like wlad-haye, williams-lara could have gotten an extension easily i think.

Comment

sudden death? that **** is just stupid...yeah lets support that they fight till someone get knocked out so we have more brain damage to the fighters so that they all look like Ali when they are 40 + ...

but some fights should have 15 + rounds...12 are just to short in some fights though...

Comment

Make boxing go back to 15 rds. OR make boxing go 13 rds with FINAL ROUND being 4.5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

The two fighters should trade body shots, one open shot at a time until one of them falls down or cannot continue. Oh wait no, this is an impossibly ******ed idea! NSB signing up highschool drop outs like it ain't no thing!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i'm all for an extra round in any fight that ends in a draw
                  yeah, and with a weapon of choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

Making the judges/ref more unbiased with sound organizational body is more important than making overtime/sudden death format IMHO. Nevertheless, I still think 15 rds or 13rds with final rd with 4:30min would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X