No announcement yet.

Nwahs_!!, yer opinion on Blackstone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
    Kind of. When I get down and do the math, I set a price target, but it is just that, a target.

The stock market is dynamic, and a price target that seems reasonable today, might not be reasonable tomorrow.

Usually I sell off when I don't want to. I use my own feeling as a gauge. When I get that feeling that I want to hold onto something because it will keep going up, thats when I sell half of my position. Then if it keeps going up, I sell another half.

If it keeps going up after that, I will usually sell the rest. What makes the market difficult is that what is the right thing to do, and what feels like the right thing to do are usually never the same.

Usually if something is up 20% I will sell half of my position immediately, but it really depends on the type of play it is, and what my goals are for the company.

Some companies I will sell off at 2% gains, its all really dependent. There is no real set formula, which makes it confusing if you are looking for a set formula.
    not at all. makes perfect sense though. i can understand that it's a case-by-case basis but i like how you hold positioning. so regardless of the activity, you cashout without getting greedy, yet still keep your feet in the water to getting anything leftover from further increases. even if it doesn't go up, you already made a smokin return from that initial sell. i've always just been a buy all/sell all investor and now it's so clear as to how stupid that was.

so what if the stock's taking a dive? you dumped X amount into a given share and it's rollin down. assuming that this price decrease caught you off guard and you realize it was probably a bad call. will you generally sell most off but leave a small percentage in just in case it turns around, or will you dump all out immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
      I see......rough est? like 25 dollars a share or 30? What do you thinks it's potential might be?
      Well, for AAPL (Apple Inc.) I think that it should hit around $320 by years end, provided we do not go into a full recession.

Realistically, I think it will go to around $260, but I think that it is worth $320

Comment

I believe you mistyped the stock symbol. I was talking about AAPL, not APPL.

Although, you might see those types of gains in the next few months from AAPL which is Apple Inc.
        Oh **** really? LMAO well in case you were interested appl is a petro co that went up from 85 a share to 156 in about the last two hours it appears.........

Comment

Originally posted by Purity2 View Post
          not at all. makes perfect sense though. i can understand that it's a case-by-case basis but i like how you hold positioning. so regardless of the activity, you cashout without getting greedy, yet still keep your feet in the water to getting anything leftover from further increases. even if it doesn't go up, you already made a smokin return from that initial sell. i've always just been a buy all/sell all investor and now it's so clear as to how stupid that was.

so what if the stock's taking a dive? you dumped X amount into a given share and it's rollin down. assuming that this price decrease caught you off guard and you realize it was probably a bad call. will you generally sell most off but leave a small percentage in just in case it turns around, or will you dump all out immediately?
          Well it depends. If it is taking a dump because something horrible happened at the company or because the price was unrealistically high, I will sell off, but If it is getting hammered because of investor emotions, I will take the profits that I cashed out and dump them back into the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
            Oh **** really? LMAO well in case you were interested appl is a petro co that went up from 85 a share to 156 in about the last two hours it appears.........
            Another error on your part. 156 is the price of AAPL, APPL is still at 85. lol. You gotta be careful with symbol.

Comment

Also, when you buy into weakness, you don't want to buy all at once, you want to buy in steps, so you are averaging down.

I bought AAPL at 161, 158, 156, 155, I even got lucky and picked up a few shares at 147 when the market opened today.

Comment

Well it depends. If it is taking a dump because something horrible happened at the company or because the price was unrealistically high, I will sell off, but If it is getting hammered because of investor emotions, I will take the profits that I cashed out and dump them back into the stock.
                but if the price was unrealistically high, wouldn't you have not bought it from the start?

i guess one of the biggest tricks to this is being able to quickly spot out investor emotions/hype vs. realistic internal activity that's negatively influencing the stock. it seems like the latter would be an immediate follow up most of the time so it would seem to me hard to determine WHEN the emotional investors are starting panic. dunno if that makes any sense.

Comment

Another error on your part. 156 is the price of AAPL, APPL is still at 85. lol. You gotta be careful with symbol.
                  Look.....

http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/s...te?Symbol=appl

Comment

I really only got about 10k thats not tied up that I can afford to buy anything with right now.These stocks with prices in the 100s a share are expensive.......does it matter how much you have to use when deciding what price range stocks you should buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Purity2 View Post
                      but if the price was unrealistically high, wouldn't you have not bought it from the start?

i guess one of the biggest tricks to this is being able to quickly spot out investor emotions/hype vs. realistic internal activity that's negatively influencing the stock. it seems like the latter would be an immediate follow up most of the time so it would seem to me hard to determine WHEN the emotional investors are starting panic. dunno if that makes any sense.
                      Well usually, when the price is unrealistically high, I bought before it got that way.

For example, Take a look at COIN.

The area that I highlighted in green is an artificial high, it was created by traders bidding the price up well above where it should have been. I already owned the stock, so I took advantage of this, and sold near the top.

COIN has corrected itself, and is now at a place where I would buy it again, although I would like to see it go down a little bit more before I pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X