Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Aims To Set Opponent By November/December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquaio will either fight Crawford or a rematch with Rios if he defeats Bradley. The talk about negotiation with Khan and Mayweather are nothing more than Bob Arum's typical smoke screen that comes right before the bait-and-switch.

Comment

I think Manny probably hopes for Floyd to come into play for his last fight more than thats a legit fight on the table cuz he made $100M+ so another $100M+ would be the ideal way to leave boxing. I hope he fights Khan & gets Khan out of the way at 147 for the next guys. Or he beats the **** out of the overrated Crawford. Can't believe so many people think he's gonna be the next big thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        So he was going to drop down to six figure paydays had he not retired? What are you saying here?
        I get the feeling we're not on the same page. What I'm trying g to say is that mayweather-pacquiao 2 is still on the table,just from the sheer amount of money that it will produce. If there's a fight that would bring mayweather out of "retirement" it isn't going to be a brook,Garcia,or Thurman for 32 million,its going to be a Pacquiao for 200+million. So basically its verry likey that Pacquiao has both Khan AND mayweather on the negotion table.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
          I get the feeling we're not on the same page. What I'm trying g to say is that mayweather-pacquiao 2 is still on the table,just from the sheer amount of money that it will produce. If there's a fight that would bring mayweather out of "retirement" it isn't going to be a brook,Garcia,or Thurman for 32 million,its going to be a Pacquiao for 200+million. So basically its verry likey that Pacquiao has both Khan AND mayweather on the negotion table.
          Sheer amount based on what?

Comment

The first fight...4.4 million people bought a $100 fight that was 5-6 years too late. I guarantee you that at least half would do it again,if not more. They could easily sell the 50-0 record breaking angle,or the fact that it's Pacquiaos last fight,or the whole thing that Pacquiao is "healed" and wants revenge. Point being,even if it doesn't make as much as the first fight,it would still pull ridiculous amounts of money.

Comment

common sense.

a rematch would make more money than any other fight for pacquiao and ditto for mayweather should he come back.

Not only that but 2 to 3 times more.

Unless you really think that pac vs crawford is more profitable than a rematch of the highest generating fight of all time

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                I actually think it will happen again.

Theres too much money, another $100 million is too much to pass up for floyd.
                It all depends on how Floyd really feel about Manny. If floyd feel the fight was easy the first time then yes he'll most likely come back out of retirement to make the rematch for a final show down. If floyd feels the fight wasnt as easy as he thought and there's a good chance it might go either way in the rematch then no, floyd will not come back out to do a rematch. Floyd is not hurting for money and if he doesnt feel he can get away with a win, he will not do it. Floyd was out of character leading up to the first fight. Floyd wasnt the usual floyd for the fight with Manny. Floyd had to change his training and what not. I dont think he wants to go through that again. Leading up to the first fight, you can see floyd looked stress, like he just wanted to get this over with. So i dont think we're going to see a rematch.

Comment

common sense.

a rematch would make more money than any other fight for pacquiao and ditto for mayweather should he come back.

Unless you really think that pac vs crawford is more profitable than a rematch of the highest generating fight of all time
                  Floyd will do what Floyd wants. They can offer him $500 mil, if Floyd is not feeling it, then its a no. We've been here before.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                    Floyd will do what Floyd wants. They can offer him $500 mil, if Floyd is not feeling it, then its a no. We've been here before.

thats not what Im saying, the guy above, atleast it appears to be, is saying that there isnt much money at stake for a rematch

Comment

common sense.

How much do you think a rematch sells?

Comment

Working...
                      X