No announcement yet.

Lucas"NO Mas"Mattysee=what happens when you overhype fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    He should have gotten the IBF after he obliterated Peterson. But Haymon protected him with the criminal 141 catchweight. I hate Matthysse fanboys as much as anyone but he is world class and did deserve to have a belt.
    mattysse is the one that wanted the catchweight because he wanted to keep his mandatory status. this was around that time that lucas was begging danny to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      very possible

but did he quit doe?

but did he quit doe?
      I'm sorry, but why does him not quitting make a suitable defense? He got outclassed by Porter, mopped up by Maidana, and went tooth and nail to get a victory over Malignaggi. You can't deny that many people, including you, hyped this man into oblivion and that he has turned out to be a bit of a let down.

Not to say that Matthysse's performance was anything other than disappointing either though. I was surprised to see him lose so decisively. But I feel like you aren't in a position to be telling other people that they overhype fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        The broken machine

lulz

Damn bruh these white boyz gettin exposed left and right! They don't got the skillz!!!

He should have gotten the IBF after he obliterated Peterson. But Haymon protected him with the criminal 141 catchweight. I hate Matthysse fanboys as much as anyone but he is world class and did deserve to have a belt.
        I don't recall why there was a catchweight but a shame since it was a quality win.

Comment

This guy talks about not overhyping fighters and then has a picture of Broner in his sig. You're tripping Larry.

Comment

It's the typical flotard misdirection technique, they learned it from Floyd who used it to cloak his steroid abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
              Broner is worse then a quitter. His a punk b!tch who tried to get a fighter(Marcos) disqualified by trying to fake an injury so that Maidana could stop putting a beat down on him. Did you forget Broner holding for dear life and then rolling on the canvas like a punk hoping the ref would help him out? I enjoyed seeing Marcos expose Broner for the punk he is.
              Good post.

He tried to weasel his way out in the 8th. "Showed heart doe"

Comment

At least he didn't act like he got raped and ran out of the ring

Comment

larry dksab

Comment

Still think Mattysse is good but once again on this forum people fall in love with POWER but boxing is more than POWER!

Most of you idiots pick your faovorte fighter based on his KO% on Boxrec you fuking idiots. LEARN YOUR BOXING! Skills>Power ANY DAY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!

I still like Mattysse, but his Kryptonite is Skilled Boxers! Also feel he one of those guys who listen to stupid clueless fans and idiots like Lampley who want excitement. Postol basically said "Fuk Your Excitement, I'm Hear To Win And Become Champion!" and that is exactly what happened!

Comment

Matthysse is still a good fighter. Still around the top 5 in his division so if anyone wants to hype him, who cares? Hype is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X