Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd VS Canelo rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo does not have the style to beat mayweather. He's going to try to outbox Floyd like a ****** instead of making it a brawl. Canelo is like a bigger version of marquez with ****tier stamina.

Comment

Canelo might not even get past Lara, and even if he did, I don't see any interest in a rematch since he was outclassed so easily.

Comment

Nelo has bigger fish to fry: cotto, Martinez, GGG, etc.

Comment

if canelo beats lara using preassure, and then beats the winner of cotto-maravilla then we will see a rematch next year at 154lbs, it will be a much more experienced and healthier canelo... i actually believe that fights with lara and maravilla will be the perfect experience for canelo going into a floyd fight, plus he already has the experience of a floyd fight...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            Nah, if a rematch is in the works, I'd imagine they'd let it marinate for awhile. It's still too soon, especially considering Mayweather clearly beat Canelo
            What you talking about it was a majority decision

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
              Floyd vs Canelo rematch in september? If and when Canelo smacks lara will there be a rematch? Who else is left for floyd? Either he vacates that unified title or fights the winner of Lara vs Canelo... nothing else makes sense for him.
              EFF that Canelo had his chance and he didn't throw any punches. Id rather see Floyd/Cotto 2.

Comment

I don't think so. He won't fight Canelo at 154 and Canelo won't fight him at anything less than 154 so this fight won't happen. The rules call for Mayweather to either defend his 154 pound title or vacate it next September but he will do neither and he will get away with it because he is such a big shot. If Khan wins Mayweather will probably fight Khan in September.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I don't think so. He won't fight Canelo at 154 and Canelo won't fight him at anything less than 154 so this fight won't happen. The rules call for Mayweather to either defend his 154 pound title or vacate it next September but he will do neither and he will get away with it because he is such a big shot. If Khan wins Mayweather will probably fight Khan in September.
                  ^^^True.. maybe he man's up takes the fight at 154 people want to talk shi't about Lara VS Canelo but seem to forget floyd's biggest and most richest victory was at a catch weight for a unification, what a joke

Comment

too one sided if he beats lara he needs to just continue on his path and let mayweather alone he cant stand another embarrassment like that

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                      The first fight wasnt even close so there isnt much point of a rematch.

The only reason for a rematch would be to make more money.
                      ^^^This!!

If it were a competitive fight, maybe, but it was a complete farce for Canelo to even think he could outbox Floyd.

Plus!

GBP want Canelo to stay on a winning streak -- Kinda plays into the next big thing theory. More money vs damaging your future cash cow's psyche isn't really worth it.

That aside .... I do agree, Floyd needs a better opponent pool. Khan still has a lot of work to do before he will even be considered a viable opponent. So mentioning him at this point is pretty much an absurdity.

Comment

Working...
                      X