Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judah, Whitaker Become The Latest Boxing Dynamic Duo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the Fantasy Fights in Knockout Kings 2001, where Whitaker vs. Judah was one of them. The stuff talking about was proclaiming Judah the next Sweet Pea, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
      Judah already fights like Whitaker. He ran, hugged, pushed, and pulled Mathysse and received a gift decision !!!! Boring fighter and a coward. And how can someone religious box??
      Say what now? How can someone religious box? So Manny Pacquiao isn't religious? He's not the god fearing man everyone says he is? ok anyway I've been waiting for the day Judah would get rid of his dad I wish he would of done it a little sooner but better late than never.

Comment

hmmm...let's see where zab's focus is after the 7th round.
        i still give him the benefit of doubt.....good luck!!

Comment

Zab's strength is offense. Sticking and moving would make great defense for someone like him since he wilts from getting hit. Defensive posturing just takes away too much of his attention and makes him stop throwing.

Comment

After Judah spanks this nobody, I think Judah vs JMM at JWW would be a good one.

Comment

I'm kinda surprised the reception of this news is that cold and skeptical.

I'm skeptical myself, but they do sound like something special is happening between them. I hope we can see the fruits of this team-up against Mabuza.

Comment

I think Judah at one point was the fastest guy from JWW-WW. Of course this is only until he gasses or loses his temper.

IMO JWW is perfect for Judah. He can be a bad @$$at this weight! Question is, can he keep his head on straight and stay focused long enough?

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  I think Judah at one point was the fastest guy from JWW-WW. Of course this is only until he gasses or loses his temper.

IMO JWW is perfect for Judah. He can be a bad @$$at this weight! Question is, can he keep his head on straight and stay focused long enough?
                  I think Zab is just not a focused fighter and his father didn't help either. You can see that by how his pops used to give him instructions in the corner. Sounded like how the old Batman tv show used to look when they fight.... "Wham", "Pow", "Whump". If Zab would have done this long ago I think he could have been something special for sure. Same goes for Cotto and Shane to a certain degree. People can be effected both negative and positive when it comes making decisions, so try to make the right ones, especially career wise.

Comment

Judah is going to be who he is. No matter how many new trainers he gets or how many times he promises whatever come back he is on will mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post
                      I'm kinda surprised the reception of this news is that cold and skeptical.

I'm skeptical myself, but they do sound like something special is happening between them. I hope we can see the fruits of this team-up against Mabuza.
                      agreed

the Matthyse fight may not have been particularly entertaining but it show'd me a number of promising things

1. Zab can still make 140 and go 12 rounds - this means he's physically fit
                      2. Zab fought a boring but very smart fight for 12 whole rounds - for a guy who has always had focus / concentration issues this is very promising
                      3. Zab survived a KD in the 10th round but still didnt crumble and held it together in order to win the fight - he's still got the heart and now seems to have a better temperment
                      4. Matthysse has shown that he is a beast at 140 - totally destroying Corely whom Maidana really struggled with: for me Lucas hits as hard as Maidana but he's a better boxer.

This doesnt mean Zab is p4p but anyone whose followed his career must see this as promising... Training with a master southpaw cant hurt his game

Comment

Working...
                      X