No announcement yet.

Poor Jounalistic Qualities In Boxing Writers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Jounalistic Qualities In Boxing Writers

I particularly dislike blatant nutthuggery what are qualities you find distasteful in a boxing journalist?

Originally posted by Suikoden View Post
    I particularly dislike blatant nutthuggery what are qualities you find distasteful in a boxing journalist?
    Taking a simple sentence and writing a story with rumors.

Plus writing false stories, which happpens ALOT

And worst of all repeating the same articles day after day even though nothing new has happened

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
      Taking a simple sentence and writing a story with rumors.

Plus writing false stories, which happpens ALOT

And worst of all repeating the same articles day after day even though nothing new has happened
      To be fair though, the above happens in all facets of journalism. A large percentage of that is caused by the environment news stories are created in. Stories are sold just like any other commodity that, unfortunately, leads to sensationalism in some (most) instances.

I'm not so bothered about reading the same story a few times, as long as it is written by different people each time. There isn't anything wrong with a different prerogative. What I don't like is a single journalist recycling a story again and again over time, it's lazy and doesn't do anyone any good.

Oli

Comment

Thomas Hauser. He is the chairman of the BWAA. His articles are worth reading. Ryan ******** (who posts here under the name Asian Sensation) is also pretty good, and there are others.

Just as a general rule avoid the ones who nuthug (so 99% of bloggers) and anyone from The Examiner----->because they don't examine ****!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suikoden View Post
          Most of the writers in boxing circles are not qualified journalist.It's made worse by the internet because anyone can write for a website.The problem is boxing is not a mainline sport so very few trained journalists cover it and few commercial news agencies cover the sport.

Comment

Working...
          X