Collapse
No announcement yet.

35 years old. 1 year out. 3 Months in Prison. Floyd deserves a tune up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the fight wasn't on PPV I could understand your point but it is going to be marketed as a big fight which is inexcusable. If a fighter needs to take a tune up I'd prefer they'd be honest about it but I suppose that's the **** people should expect as it is their profession, up to the fans not to buy into it.

Comment

Floyd always needs a helping hand dont he? Its of his own choosing to fight so littlle, so he isnt shop worn or anything. My advice is to get in shape for the fight and just fight and stop the excuses.

BH dont fight often as well but never talks about warm up fights. He just gets into as good as shape a 47 year old can possibly get in.

What would be the purpose of a warm up fight exactly, so that he can guarantee he keeps his zero.? Truly great fighters fight when they arent 100% but Floyd is so calculated and methodical. He is actually manufactured.

Comment

What if he decides to fight the other guys, Gurrero and Alvarez, next, giving them both time to further hone their skills and learn new tricks?

After all, not very many think they could beat Floyd either. Just give him another tough fight.

Comment

So you mean to tell me someone who was locked up for 3 months dont need a tune up?

Comment

Alexander isn't even a tune up.

Comment

He didn't need a tune up for Marquez, Mosley or Cotto who were all 10x the threat and draw

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Alexander isn't even a tune up.
                He's not exactly a tomato can with 9 losses either. Kid's young.

If Alvarez and Guerrero appear on the undercard of that bout, it could set up a mega -match with either of those later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by masinhi View Post
                  Im just saying... Floyd might be undefeated but he is still human. He deserves a tune up after the year he has had and his age. If he picks another B level opponent in September then you guys can start complaining.......
                  I agree but don't put it on ppv and ask people to spend their money on this.

Comment

Guerrero is a ****ing tune up. He'd be like -1000 against him.

Comment

I'll be watching dont care how others feel

Comment

Working...
                      X