No announcement yet.

Is Shane still a Partner in GBP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Shane still a Partner in GBP?

Because if the Partner of a promotional company is fighting its most highly valued prospect.....that's just wrong. Actually, even if he isn't a Partner anymore, it's still really dubious.

golden boy fighter now. must have just had a 1 fight contract with TR

Comment

he is not a partner anymore as far as i know

they offered him a "buy out" before me moved to top rank (buy out his share in the company,) and sent him a 1500 dollar check in the mail

who knows at this stage. personally i dont really care. it's pretty obvious that shane is no asset to that company in terms of being a promoter

Comment

I highly doubt it. After their fall out GBP invited his ex wife to one of their cards and on his twitter he posted the picture of his ex wife and Eric Gomez match maker for GBP and he said "This is Eric gomez of Golden Boy and EX or Best friend now"

Comment

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
          Because if the Partner of a promotional company is fighting its most highly valued prospect.....that's just wrong. Actually, even if he isn't a Partner anymore, it's still really dubious.
          isn't that what oscar and floyd did? floyd wasn't "officially" a golden boy fighter but they promoted all his fights and made millions after their sparring match i mean fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
            NO, and I don' theink he was ever a partner in the true sense. He was sold (for $1) or given just one share, out of the thousands issued and paid up, to make it "legal". Hopkins and Barrera the same. So they turned up in suits for weigh-ins, and other functions, never saying anything, since they weren't qualified or authorised. It was a big PR stunt and they were used for their names and reputationOscar, with his greed, would never give anything meaningful to anyone, especially Mosley with whom he had a life long rivalry.{{ Mosley refused $12 mill for a return fight, after winning the first one. He was insulted considering what Oscar would have made}}. I wrote all about it at the time.

Mosley said that the first thing he knew was when he got a $1000 cheque posted to him, informing him that the share was now repatriated (my word). It was all done legally according to the Company's Articles of Association or whatever they use in American law.
            He said he was surprised and felt unwanted. Of course Barrera, a law student, realised early that it was a hoax and just quit.

Comment

Mosley is a joke now. He isnt relavent and is just a name now even though his performances should be in question because of PED's.

Comment

Once you go golden you never get out!! THey have a mafia going on at golden boy. Fighters who have come in contact with the golden have to share some of it with oscar, even if they're flying "solo".

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Once you go golden you never get out!! THey have a mafia going on at golden boy. Fighters who have come in contact with the golden have to share some of it with oscar, even if they're flying "solo".
                  lol , just wait till ariza exposes your guy arum

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    the act was a lot better before everyone knew you were trolling

now it's just stale..

Comment

Working...
                    X